Difference between CA PCC and CA Intermediate | CA IPCC
As per the new scheme, a CA Foundation | CA CPT passed student can register for Integrated Professional Competence Course (name of Professional Competence Course (PCC) under the new scheme is Integrated Professional Competence Course) without article registration and can sit in new IPCC exam after 9 months of registration. The Integrated Professional Competence Course comprises of 2 groups.
**Group 1** - 1. Accounting, 2. Business Laws, Ethics and Communication, 3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management, 4. Taxation
**Group 2** - 1. Advanced Accounting, 2. Auditing and Assurance, 3. Information Technology and Strategic Management.
- Only on passing group I of IPCC, a student shall be eligible to get registered for articles which shall now be for a period of 3 years as against existing requirement of 3 ½ years.
- Further, under the new scheme a student shall be eligible to sit in Final exam in last six months of his article ship as against the existing condition to sit in Final examination only after completion of articles.
- All such students getting registered for IPCC on or before 31st January, 2009 shall be eligible to sit in new IPCC examination scheduled for November 2009 as they shall complete 9 months of study course, 100 hours of Information Technology Training and Orientation Course by that time.
- The summary of the procedure is as mentioned below:
1. Pass CA Foundation | CA CPT examination
2. Register/Enroll for Integrated Professional Competence Course(IPCC)
3. Complete 9 months of Study Course ØComplete 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT)
4. Complete Orientation Course (35 hours spread over one week)Pass Group I or both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE)
5. Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years
6. Pass Group II of IPCC if not already passed
7. Appear in Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training
8. Pass both the Groups of Final examination
9. Get Final Examination Certificate
10. Complete remaining period of articled training, if applicable Complete Course on General Management and Communication Skills
11. Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”