Answer below questions and predict your rank
  • How important it is for you to pass the exam in this attempt?
  • What percentage of course you have finished well so far roughly?
  • How many hours you study in a day?
  • How many times you have revised the topics you have finished
  • Have you taken online or pen drive or live class from a renowned faculty?
  • What percentage of the classes you have watched?
  • Have you attempted mock tests or practice tests yet?
  • Are you planning to attempt mock tests conducted by external bodies- ICAI, ICSI, ICMAI or other institute?
  • How many tests you have taken?
  • Did you manage to finish the test papers on time?
  • Are you strictly following study material provided by the exam conducting authority such as ICAI/ICSI/ICMAI/Other Body?
  • How is your health in general?
  • How is your food habit?
  • Any interest in yoga or exercise or play sports regularly?
  • Planning to sleep well nights before the exams?
  • Planning to have light food and water before exams?

related to ITR

Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 asked

hello......... if one person have own home in pune...and he lives in delhi with his wife and child for job purpose and paid a rent in delhi Rs. 15000 per month...and in pune house his mother and father reside. is that person eligible to get deduction in 80G paid..

    1       0 Answer Now Comment Report
7 Answers
Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 answered

First of all, if he is salary holder person than he can also claim HRA exemption if HRA received from the employer.

    0       0 Comment Report
Important Note – Preparing for CA Final?
CAKART provides Indias top faculty each subject video classes and lectures – online & in Pen Drive/ DVD – at very cost effective rates. Get video classes from Quality is much better than local tuition, so results are much better.
Watch Sample Video Now by clicking on the link(s) below – 
For any questions Request A Call Back  
Open uri20170510 32134 1c996lj?1494421732 answered

80GG Tax Rebate Ensuring that citizens have access to quality housing is one of the responsibilities of the government. Most salaried people get tax exemption on the HRA part of their salary. But if you do not receive HRA from any source you can still get tax rebate for the rent you pay under section 80GG. Eligibility for 80GG tax rebate If you are a salaried individual, a self employed person or an HUF you can get deduction under section 80GG on the rent you pay if you satisfy the following conditions: - More than 10% of your annual income is spent on rent. - Neither you nor your spouse or a minor child owns a house at the place where you are ordinarily residing. - If you own a house at any other place you have not been claiming tax concession on income from that house (making annual value of it nil for computing income from house property). You would have to submit a declaration in form 10BA and enter amount while filing Income Tax Returns in order to claim this tax deduction. Maximum deduction limit under 80GG The least of the following three can be claimed: - Rs 2,000 per month - 25% of total income (total income except from long term capital gains and after all chapter VI A deductions have been accounted for, except 80GG, of course) - Actual rent minus 10% of total income (calculated as above) How to get tax rebate on house rent in absence of HRA Put the amount in the cell for 80GG under Chapter VI-A deductions in ITR form while filing income tax returns. If you are salaried you can submit rental receipt to HR so that they deduct the amount while applying TDS on your salary, for 8GG deduction.

    1       1 Comment Report
Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 answered

Hi, Deductions is respect of rents paid : Under Section 80GG, an Individual can claim deduction for the rent paid even if he don’t get HRA. Section 80GG allows the **Individuals** to a deduction in respect of house rent paid by him for his own residence. Such deduction is permissible subject to the following **conditions** :- (a) the Individual has not been in receipt of any House Rent Allowance from his employer specifically granted to him which qualifies for exemption under section 10(13A) of the Act; (b) the Individual files the declaration in Form No. 10BA (c) The employee does not own: (i) any residential accommodation himself or by his **spouse** or **minor child** or where such Individual is a **member of a Hindu Undivided Family**, by such family, at the place where he ordinarily resides or performs duties of his office or carries on his business or profession; or (ii) at any other place, any residential accommodation being accommodation in the occupation of the Individual, the value of which is to be determined under Section 23(2)(a) or Section 23(4)(a) as the case may be. (d) He will be entitled to a deduction in respect of house rent paid by him in excess of 10% of his total income, subject to a ceiling of 25% thereof or Rs. 2,000/- per month, whichever is less. The total income for working out these percentages will be computed before making any deduction under section 80GG. In other word eligibility will be **least** amount of the following :- 1) Rent paid minus 10 percent the adjusted total income. 2) Rs 2,000 per month. 3) 25 percent of the adjusted total income. The deduction will also not be available to an assessee if any residential accommodation is owned by the assessee at any other place, which he is occupying, and the concessions in respect of self-occupied house are claimed by him for that property. In such a case, no deduction will be allowed in respect of the rent paid, even if the person does not own any residential accommodation at the place where he ordinarily resides.

    1       0 Comment Report
Open uri20170510 32134 1k0mj0y?1494421740 answered

hi, he can claim DEDUCTION U/S 80G

    2       0 Comment Report
Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 answered

Hello, An assessee can calim exemption of HRA or under section 80GG. He can claim deduction U/s 80GG provided he satisfy the condition as required. If the assessee doesnot own the House at the place were he is working & he is being receiving House Rent Allowance and he also own a House which is at different place. In that situation he is required to claim deduction of the Rent paid for the House which is at his work place & also the other house where is living is to shown as him as deemed let out. Such house cannot be claim as Self occupied to get 80GG deduction.

    0       0 Comment Report
Open uri20170510 32134 18jsxh1?1494421779 answered

Hi mamta .. Greetings .. First of all .. Section 80G is for Donations whereas Section 80GG is for the Rent Paid !! As Sec 80GG lays down an individual can claim rent paid by him as deduction if s/he or his/her spouse or minor child or HUF is not owing any house property at the same of his work .. In other city s/he can do .. Provided assessee does not claim any concession as self occupied propery u/s 23(2)(a) or 23(4)(a). Also s/he should not get HRA form employer ! Assesse has to file declaration in Form 10BA regarding the expenditure incurred by him in relation to Rent paid! Crux: he can claim provided conditions of section are fuilfiled.

    0       0 Comment Report
Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 answered

Dear Mamta, First of all, if he is salary holder person than he can also claim HRA exemption if HRA received from the employer. and he is also qualify the condition of Sec-80G than he is also eligible to claim deduction under sec 80G. however deduction under both the head shall not be claimed by same assessee. Any other query feel free to contact us. Writer CA Chitranjan Agarwal

    1       0 Comment Report
Get Notifications
Watch best faculty demo video classes

These top faculty video lectures will
help u prepare like nothing else can.