In ELearning portal on IFRS what is Investor-focused project?
In 2013 the Education Initiative started an Investor-focused project in response to issues observed in various forums and in staffs’ subsequent discussions with investor groups about investor-focused IFRS education. Aim The objective of the Investor Education Programme is to improve investors’ knowledge of IFRS Standards, including the judgements and estimates that are necessarily made when preparing IFRS financial information. Improving investors’ knowledge of IFRS aims to help:
- Reduce the perceived need for industry-specific IFRS guidance and IFRS Interpretations; and
- Contribute indirectly to increasing the consistency and rigour with which IFRS is applied. Our activities include
- Working with established investor professional associations/investor organisations to enhance the IFRS knowledge and competences of their members
- The development of a more comprehensive suite of investor-focused products and services
- Arranging investor-focused IFRS updates at IFRS Foundation conferences and other events Working with others As part of the IFRS Education Initiative, much of the Investor Education Programme’s work is performed in conjunction with others, including investor profession associations and other investor organisations throughout the world.
For more details visit ELearning portal on IFRS