if a individual enjoys a HRA , he can get 80GG exemption r not? why

Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 Sreevathsa Gurikar asked over 3 years ago

    0       0 Answer Now Comment Report
1 Answers
Important Note – Preparing for CA Final?
CAKART provides Indias top faculty each subject video classes and lectures – online & in Pen Drive/ DVD – at very cost effective rates. Get video classes from CAKART.in. Quality is much better than local tuition, so results are much better.
Watch Sample Video Now by clicking on the link(s) below – 
For any questions Request A Call Back  
Picsjoin 2017224123730582 Archana answered over 3 years ago

Hie Sreevathsa, **If an individual enjoys a HRA, then he cannot get an exemption under section 80GG.** Section 80GG provides for deductions for House Rent paid, provided that a deduction for payment of House Rent has not been claimed under any other section of the IT Act. In other words, if a salaried employee is being given HRA by his employer and he is claiming a deduction from the same, he won't be eligible to claim deduction under section 80GG. All other taxpayers who are neither getting benefit of HRA and nor have they claimed the expenses for rent paid under any other section of the IT Act, can claim deduction under Section 80GG.

    2       0 Comment Report
Similar Questions
Get Notifications
Watch best faculty demo video classes

These top faculty video lectures will
help u prepare like nothing else can.