Firstly, i would like to inform you that i'm eligible to answer your query as i m in professional level now and cleared my executive with Exemption in all those MCQ based exams + CO. Law.
There are some Sample/Mock Papers on the ICSI's Website.But the website is a bit complicated one and i was able to find them only once and cudnt reach that link ever again. LoL.
If u don't find them give me ur email ID i ll send the PDF i used to u.It had helped me a lot.
Buy Latest Scanner. Buy it 2 months before ur attempt as u ll get immediate previous attempts paper solved in it. ask me if u dnt knw the source from where to buy.
Now I'll go Subject-wise:
1. **Cost & Management Accounting**:
(i) Go through every concept and solve sums thats how u'll get grip on it.
(ii) Once U r done with Concept + Sums Go through all Concepts in one chapter+Theory. N read ur sums of
that chapter. Go through MCQs from scanner. Try to answer it urself in ur notebook and then check it.
(iii) Once u follow step no. (ii) for every chapter, solve the mock/sample test i mentioned. they contain MCQs of
2. **Tax Law And Practice**:Tax is a tricky & confusing subject when it comes to MCQs.
(i) Follow the same steps as in costing mentioned above.
(ii) Focus more on provisions than on practical. Since this is MCQ paper, u dont need too much sums to
practice. U shud emphasize on getting grip over all the provisions. And u shud know basics of computing
tax and other calculations involved in the paper.
3. **Industrial Labor and General Laws(ILGL)**:
(i) Go through the provisions of various laws and read the book u r using atleast twice.
(ii)Go through all the chapters from Scanner and if need be, go back to elaborate theory book for any topic u r
not getting right or if u r getting confused too much. Try to remember case laws and sections as u ll find
round about 10 marks paper very specific and direct upon sections and case laws. U can make a book for
writing down SOME IMPORTANT SECTIONS(that are really important and u can remember easily) and
ALL CASE LAWS(ALL CASE LAWS..REALLY..they are all important dont be selctive here) and just write
the jist of the case in very short manner.This will be very useful when u refer it on the last day before xam.
(Trust me on this).
Now, Some GENERAL TIPS:
1. Module+ any study material of the classes u take(i dont think u need, i did self study, but its your choice) must be completed atleast **twice**. trust me dont take option with any one of them. **do both**.
2. MCQs. they are ur GOD. **do as many as possibl**e. u ll find some as it is in the paper. **Around 15-20 marks in each paper** was from the MCQs i practiced as it is.
3.Dont go on with provisions and theory too much. thats why i said twice coverage of MOD+any Mat is more than enough. Focus more on MCQs. Gather MCQs for any n every source possible. there are many websites providing MCQs for free. take them and solve them.Gather from every possible source. go on with google as much possible. I guess www.csnoteshome.com also provides some.
4. Dont worry these are easy. just very **tricky**. the more MCQs u do the more **clarity** u get. If u keep reading provisions u ll get **confused in the exam**(really i have seen people going mad between options). **the more questions u will have practiced and solved the more clarity u ll have in the xam hall when u ll read questons**. so keep it in mind and make it a rigid point to do MCQs as much as possible rather than reading book again and again.it wont help twice is more than enough. solving MCQs helps u **distinguish between concepts and options to a questions**. so do more MCQs and u ll find the paper less tricky. I had completed my Tax and ILGL in 1.5 hrs and Cost within 2hrs. it becomes very clear n easy if u hv done sufficient MCQs n i hv seen people studying whole book 3 4 times and solving questions for full 3 hrs and still failing. its due to lack of MCQ. i told u its tricky n it confuses u.
Finally, Exam Tip:
BEWARE!!! It has **NEGATIVE MARKING**. Keep Ur emotions under control. dont take too much risk. Risk is not beneficial always.If u do 65+ questions fairly, its more than enough.
Prepare with confidence and its very easy to crack and very scoring.
If u need MCQs (they are from ICSI website itself) provide me ur email.
For any further queries, please feel free to contact.