How can a doctor file an income tax return without help from any CA?

Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 Gautham asked almost 4 years ago

    0       0 Answer Now Comment Report
4 Answers
Open uri20170510 32134 ng4pv?1494421709 SONIYA answered almost 4 years ago

**Yes a doctor file an income tax return without help from any CA,** but it is advisable to get your return filed from a tax Practitioner since they have the solid knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures of Indian Income Tax and can guide well in tax planning .Chartered Accountant also being a tax Practitioner are in a better position to give you advice on the matter of suitability of insurance and investment products purchased or to be purchased. In fact Income Tax Department have scheme set up called TRPS (Tax Return preparer Scheme). TRP (Tax Return Preparer) is trained professional from Income Tax Department. They seek to assist small and marginal taxpayers in preparing and filing their tax returns. Therefore taking into consideration the increasing complexities in the income tax return (ITR) forms due to new changes proposed in the form and Filing accurate & timely income tax return saves you from the proceedings and assessments of Income by the income tax officials , it is advisable to get Income tax return filed from a Chartered Accountant.

    2       0 Comment Report
Important Note – Preparing for OTHER TAX?
CAKART provides Indias top faculty each subject video classes and lectures – online & in Pen Drive/ DVD – at very cost effective rates. Get video classes from Quality is much better than local tuition, so results are much better.
Watch Sample Video Now by clicking on the link(s) below – 
For any questions Request A Call Back  
Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 PURUSHOTTAM MUNDHRA answered almost 4 years ago


    0       1 Comment Report
Avatar 37a3bd7bc7328f0ead2c0f6f635dddf60615e676e6b4ddf964144012e529de45 veeru answered almost 4 years ago

Any one can file their own tax returns. It is just about your income and taxes on income and whether you have paid all the required taxes. Avoiding tax is different though. If one is familiar with tax sections relevant to the income, there is no need for CA. If not you hire a CA to do the job. visit [CAKART provides the best video Lecture and Online classes, coaching for Chartered Accountant CA FINAL, CA Intermediate | CA IPCC, CA Foundation | CA CPT Exams; Company Secretary CS FINAL] to avail discount use my ambassador code :CAKARTAMB1671782 for more article visit

    1       1 Comment Report
Picsjoin 2017224123730582 Archana answered almost 4 years ago

Hie Gautham, If you understand Tax Laws you don't require a CA to file your returns. Having said that if you are practising as a profession and not under the name of any company and your income exceed Rs. 25 lacs then it is mandatory for you to get your accounts audited. In case you are not having income more than Rs. 25 lacs, then the simplest way is add all your incomes deduct all expenses pertaining to your profession that gives you your income. The compare your income with relevant income tax slab and pay tax amount. Please note only expenses pertaining to your profession is allowed be deducted from income and not personal expense. But wait, do you know their is a concept of advance tax. If not paid it attracts interest (Generally nominal amount). Also there are various kind of deduction under sec 80 of income tax act. Then there are many income which is not subject to tax like income from saving account not exceeding Rs.10,000/-, post office saving account, PPF etc. lastly you can save Rs.2,000/- if your gross total income is less than Rs.5,00,000/-. Many of the deduction mentioned above is subject to change every year when a budget is announced. If you know present tax law and can keep yourself updated with changes then you do not require any CA to file return. Incase you do not know tax laws then you can try to file your return by downloading tax file preparation tool from income tax website. There are many form available so look which is applicable to you. I think ITR 4 is applicable in your case but still verify before you download. Try to fill as many detail as possible. If you don't stuck anywhere then it may be possible that you have filled the details correctly. Generate XML file and upload it. Get a recipt which needs to be sent by post to Income tax authority. Please note, above mentioned text is not a professional advice and details mentioned are not exhaustive. It is recommended that you consult a CA before filing a return as you may not be available of all tax laws and benefits available to you. For example, you are asking tax question in the month of November, I presume you want to file return for the year ending 31 March 2014, assuming that 31 March 2015 is last date but for March 2014 last day was either 31 July or 30 September (only for current year extended to 30 November). If you would have consulted a CA before you could have saved interest u/s 234C.

    0       1 Comment Report
Similar Questions
Get Notifications
Watch best faculty demo video classes

These top faculty video lectures will
help u prepare like nothing else can.