An annotated bibliography is found at the last of an assignment. It is a list of cited sources that the students have used in their writing, dissertation help services followed by a summary or analysis of the sources. It is also known as annotations which provides information about the relevance and quality of the sources. It is descriptive and critical.
The primary purpose of the online bibliography maker annotation is to inform the reader about the accuracy, quality and relevance of the sources cited to prove their credibility. In addition, it exposes the author’s point of view, clarity, expression and authority.
So how to create an annotated bibliography?
You need to go through a three-step process to create an annotated bibliography.
- The first step is to evaluate the genuine sources that will increase the credibility and value of your research work. So, look at the author’s qualifications and credentials, along with the date of the online assignment help study itself. Make sure that the analysis and opinions you use are relevant to your topic and current times. Critically look at the topic’s sources and research. Avoid using the unknown or unreputable journal. Keep in mind certain factors like:
- The intended audience
- Omissions of facts
- Opinions are presented as truths.
- The next step would be to begin the annotation writing process for each different source. There are different ways to create annotations depending on the content’s intent. There are various types like descriptive, summary, or evaluation that you can use in your annotations or even combine the three. Give a brief explanation of the primary purpose and scope of the cited work. Compare or contrast this work with another one you have mentioned. It is advised to follow the professor’s advice.
- And then finally, choose the citation style as per university or department guidelines. By Essay writer All annotated bibliographies have a title, annotation, and citation. While the annotation is the same for all, the way you create your title and citation varies based on your style. The three main bibliography styles used include MLA, APA, and Chicago. APA style is used for science and technical papers. For language, arts and humanities, MLA style is used. The Chicago style is an author-date and notes-bibliography citations.
APA style format example:
- Right-aligned page number
- Running header (Optional)
- One-inch margins
- Double spaced
- The title “Annotated Bibliography” is centered.
- Hanging indent for second and subsequent lines of the citation
- Indent annotation five spaces
Follow these steps. For more queries related to the bibliography, MLA or Chicago style, take expert help to know How to Write a Book Report .