Take This Quiz & Predict Your Score in the coming CA CS or CMA Exam!
  • How important it is for you to pass the exam in this attempt?
  • What percentage of course you have finished well so far roughly?
  • How many hours you study in a day?
  • How many times you have revised the topics you have finished
  • Have you taken online or pen drive or live class from a renowned faculty?
  • What percentage of the classes you have watched?
  • Have you attempted mock tests or practice tests yet?
  • Are you planning to attempt mock tests conducted by external bodies- ICAI, ICSI, ICMAI or other institute?
  • How many tests you have taken?
  • Did you manage to finish the test papers on time?
  • Are you strictly following study material provided by the exam conducting authority such as ICAI/ICSI/ICMAI/Other Body?
  • How is your health in general?
  • How is your food habit?
  • Any interest in yoga or exercise or play sports regularly?
  • Planning to sleep well nights before the exams?
  • Planning to have light food and water before exams?

Three problems you face when you change jobs

Three problems you face when you change jobs

Anybody who’s changed jobs during the year will tell you what a tangled mess it is to file an income tax return for that year.  We’ll discuss three common problems salaried individuals who’ve changed jobs encounter.

First, I forgot to get my Form 16 from my previous employer.

Good news, income tax returns can be prepared without a Form 16 and with just only payslips. Add up all the salary credited and tax deducted from the payslips.

You can also find tax credit information on your Form 26AS. Learn how to access your Form 26AS here.

Have two Form-16s? Did you know that ClearTax supports multiple Form-16 uploads? Read our guide to e-filing with two Form-16s.

Three problems you face when you change jobs

Second, I have a huge tax due to pay off.  

Your first employer calculates your salary and TDS, based on the deductions you had declared at the beginning of the year.  If you didn’t disclose your salary from the first employer to the current, your current employer only calculates taxes for the remainder of the tax and deducts TDS accordingly.

There’s also a chance that you could have invested more under Section 80C during the year than you originally declared to your previous employer.

So, to avoid discovering a huge tax bill closer to the submission deadline, calculate all the numbers again and pay tax dues, if any.

  • Start with salary for Co. 1 for X months + salary for Co. 2 for Y months
  • Total deduction made between April 2014 – March 2015
  • TDS deducted from  both Co. 1 + Co. 2

Now use the income tax calculator to find out if there are any pending taxes this year. Pay the due and file your income tax return.

Third, I don’t know what to do with my PF balance.

Fill up the Form 10C and Form 19 and transfer your PF money to the current employer if your current employer offers EPF benefit.

In case you choose to withdraw your EPF balance before completion of 5 years of service, then withdrawals will be fully taxable.  They are tax-free after 5 years.

Three problems you face when you change jobs


Click here to download FREE CA CS CMA books.

Three problems you face when you change jobs

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *