Stages to become a Company Secretary
Stages to become a www.cakart.in:
The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 pass or equivalent has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.
The Student who would like to join the Course after passing the Graduation has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
Foundation Programme which is of eight months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass or equivalent students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream (Excluding Fine Arts)
Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.
Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course
|ADMISSION TO THE CS COURSE is open throughout the year. Examinations are held twice a year in June & December.|
|Cut off dates for admission to CS course: .|
|SUBJECTS FOR CS COURSE|
- Company Accounts and Auditing Practices·
- Capital Markets and Securities Laws·
- Industrial, Labour and General Laws
- Professional Programme [8 papers]
- Module I
(2 papers)· Company Secretarial Practice·
- Drafting, Appearances and PleadingsModule II
(2 papers)· Financial, Treasury and Forex Management·
- Corporate Restructuring and InsolvencyModule III
- Strategic Management, Alliances and International Trade·
- Advance Tax Laws and PracticesModule IV
- Due Diligence and Corporate Compliance Management·
- Governance, Business Ethics and Sustainability
|Professional Program ( new syllabus – w.e.f. 1st September 2013 )|
|1. Advanced Company Law and Practice|
|2. Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence|
|3. Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency|
|4. Information Technology and Systems Audit|
|5. Financial, Treasury and Forex Management|
|6. Ethics, Governance and Sustainability|
|7. Advanced Tax Laws and Practice|
|8. Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings|
|9. Electives 1 out of below 5 subjects|
|9.1. Banking Law and Practice|
|9.2. Capital, Commodity and Money Market|
|9.3. Insurance Law and Practice|
|9.4. Intellectual Property Rights – Law and Practice|
|9.5. International Business-Laws and Practices|
Fee Structure for CS Course
|CS Executive Programme||Rs.9000/- for Commerce Graduates / CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA|
|Rs 10,000/- for Non Commerce Students|
|Rs 8,500/- for CS Foundation passed students|
|CS Professional Programme||Rs.12,000/-|
1. Examination is conducted twice a year in June and December
2. Examination fee
Foundation Programme –Rs. 1200/-
Executive Programme – Rs. 1200/- per Module
Professional Programme –Rs. 1200/- per Module
Last date for submission of application for appearing in the examination
25th March (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 9th April)
25th September (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 10th October)
Medium of Examination
The Institute allows facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi. (Except Business Communication subject of Foundation Program)
A candidate is declared to have passed the Foundation / Executive / Professional examination, if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
Time limit for completing CS Examination
A student is required to complete the Executive and the Professional examination within the registration period. However, on payment of requisite fees the validity of registration may be renewed / extended for further period subject to fulfilling the applicable guidelines.
ICSI ORAL TUITION GUIDELINES / PPP GUIDELINES:
Salient features of the Oral Tuition Guidelines & PPP Guidelines: Under the revised guidelines 30 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Foundation / 35 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Executive / 40 lectures of 2 hours duration for each subject of Professional Programme has been made mandatory
Existing Practical experience and training requirements
The students are required to undergo the following trainings:
1. 7 days Student Induction Programme (SIP)- within six months of Registration to Executive Programme or exempted therefrom for becoming eligible to seek enrolment to appear in Executive Program Examination.
2. 70 hours compulsory computer training program- for becoming eligible to seek enrolment to appear in Executive Program Examination.
3. 8 days Executive Development Programme (EDP) – after passing the Executive Programme and before commencement of 15 months training.
4. 25 hours of Professional Development Programme (PDP) during 15 months training
5. 15 months training after passing the Executive Programme or Professional Programme on completion of Student Induction Program and Executive Development Program with companies and Company Secretaries in Practice registered with the Institute for imparting training
6. 3 months practical training is required to be undergone by the student if the student completes professional program examination and exempted from undergoing at least 12 months training on the basis of Company Secretaries Regulations,1982, as amended on submitting the documents to the Institute and fulfills the requirement of Regulation 48. This training will be exempted to the students who have undergone 15 months training.
7. 15 days training in a specialized agency such as Registrar of Companies (ROC) / Stock Exchange / Financial and Banking Institution/Management Consultancy Firm can only be commenced if the student completes SIP,EDP , 15 months training and having passed professional program examination.
8. 15 days Management Skills Orientation Programme (MSOP)- after Professional Programme and on completion of Executive Development Program and 15 months training
1. The students can be exempted from undergoing training totally or partially depending on the practical experience possessed by them on fulfilling the requirement of the Company Secretaries Regulations,1982, as amended, on submitting the relevant documents.
2. A student after passing the Professional Programme may enroll as ‘Licentiate ICSI’ at his/her option until completion of training requirements.
Stages to become a www.cakart.in
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visitwww.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams