Reporting Format of CARO 2015
Reporting Format of CARO 2015
To the Members of XYZ Limited
We refer to our report on the financial statements of XYZ Limited (the Company) for the year ended March 31, 2015 issued on _________. The Gazette version of the Companies (Auditor’s Report) Order, 2015 (CARO 2015) was not available in the Official Gazette of India on the date of our report. Accordingly, our report does not contain an Annexure on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of CARO 2015.
Subsequent to the issuance of our report dated _______, CARO 2015 has been published in the Official Gazette of India. While it is not obligatory on our part to issue our report on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of CARO 2015, based on the discussions with the Company, as a measure of good governance, we give hereinafter a statement on the matters specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 of CARO 2015. This may be treated as an Annexure to our aforesaid Report on standalone financial statements for the year ended March 31, 2015.
- In respect of its fixed assets:
- a) The Company has maintained proper records showing full particulars including quantitative details and situation of fixed assets on the basis of available information.
- b) As explained to us, all the fixed assets have been physically verified by the management in a phased periodical manner, which in our opinion is reasonable, having regard to the size of the Company and nature of its assets. No material discrepancies were noticed on such physical verification.
- In respect of its inventories:
- a) The inventories have been physically verified during the year by the management. In our opinion, the frequency of verification is reasonable.
- b) In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the procedures of physical verification of inventories followed by the management are reasonable and adequate in relation to the size of the Company and the nature of its business.
- c) The Company has maintained proper records of inventories. As per the information and explanation given to us, no material discrepancies were noticed on physical verification.
iii. In respect of the loans, secured or unsecured, granted by the Company to companies, firms or other parties covered in the register maintained under Section 189 of the Companies Act, 2013:
- a) The principal amounts are repayable over varying periods upto five years, while the interest is payable annually, both at the discretion of the Company.
- b) In respect of the said loans and interest thereon, there are no overdue amounts.
- In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has an adequate internal control system commensurate with its size and the nature of its business for the purchase of inventory and fixed assets and for the sale of goods and services. During the course of our audit, we have not observed any continuing failure to correct major weaknesses in such internal control system.
- According to the information and explanations given to us, the Company has not accepted any deposit from the public. Therefore, the provisions of Clause (v) of paragraph 3 of the CARO 2015 are not applicable to the Company.
- We have broadly reviewed the cost records maintained by the Company pursuant to the Companies (Cost Records and Audit) Rules, 2014 prescribed by the Central Government under Section 148(1)(d) of the Companies Act, 2013 and are of the opinion that, prima facie, the prescribed accounts and cost records have been maintained. We have, however, not made a detailed examination of the cost records with a view to determine whether they are accurate or complete.
vii. In respect of statutory dues:
- a) According to the records of the Company, undisputed statutory dues including Provident Fund, Employees’ State Insurance, Income Tax, Sales Tax, Wealth Tax, Service Tax, duty of Customs, Duty of Excise, Value Added Tax, Cess and other material statutory dues have been generally regularly deposited with the appropriate authorities. According to the information and explanations given to us, no undisputed amounts payable in respect of the aforesaid dues were outstanding as at March 31, 2015 for a period of more than six months from the date of becoming payable.
- b) According to records of company, there are no dues of income tax or sales tax or wealth tax or service tax or duty of customs or duty of excise or value added tax or cess have not been deposited on account of any dispute.
- c) According to the records of the Company, there are no amounts that are due to be transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956) and rules made there under has been transferred to such fund within time.
viii. The Company does not have accumulated losses at the end of the financial year. The Company has not incurred cash losses during the financial year covered by the audit and in the immediately preceding financial year.
- Based on our audit procedures and according to the information and explanations given to us, we are of the opinion that the Company has not defaulted in repayment of dues to financial institutions, banks and debenture holders.
- The Company has given guarantees for loans taken by others from banks and financial institutions. According to the information and explanations given to us, we are of the opinion that the terms and conditions thereof are not prima facie prejudicial to the interest of the Company.
- The Company has raised new term loans during the year. The term loans outstanding at the beginning of the year and those raised during the year have been applied for the purposes for which they were raised.
xii. In our opinion and according to the information and explanations given to us, no fraud by the Company and no material fraud on the Company has been noticed or reported during the year.
Reporting Format of CARO 2015cakart
Reporting Format of CARO 2015
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.
Click Here to download FREE CA CS CMA Text Books.