How to Register for Articleship Training
A CA student who wants to go for Articleship Training will need to find a CA Firm which has a vacancy for Article Trainees. There is a limit on how many trainees can one CA keep. The limits enforced are as below –
Limit on number of Trainees
CA having upto 3 years experience – 1 Article Assistant
CA having upto 3 -5 years experience – 3 Article Assistant
CA having upto 5-10 years experience – 7 Article Assistant
CA having upto 10 years+ experience – 10 Article Assistant
The above limit is per CA and not CA firm.
Once the trainee and the CA has agreed to work together, the trainee has to inform the ICAI about the same.
Recommended Read: CA Articleship Registration form,process,fees,last date,status
Registration Forms – How to Register for Articleship Training
A student would be required to purchase Form 102 and Form 103 on payment of Rs. 50 from ICAI for registration and fill the forms accordingly.Form 102 and Form 103 can either be obtained from ICAI branches or can also be downloaded from the website of ICAI.
Registration Form 102
- The deed of articles should be executed on a non judicial stamp paper or special adhesive stamps of the requisite value should be affixed.
- The deed of articles should be executed for full period of 3 years. A deed showing lesser period will not be accepted.
- The deed of articles should be executed in printed Form in duplicate and signed both by the articled assistant and the chartered accountant concerned.
- The original deed should be retained by the Chartered Accountant and duplicate copy thereof should be given to the articled assistant.
- The deed of articles is not required to be submitted to ICAI for registration.
Registration Form 103
Articleship Registration Form 103 is required to be submitted in triplicate –
1. one copy to be submitted to ICAI,
2. one copy to be retained by the CA
3. one copy to be retained by the article.
Form 103 should be signed by both the CA as well as the Article Assistant.
The copy of the articleship registration form should be submitted to ICAI along with:-
- Attested copy of IPCC marksheet
- Attested copy of date of birth – Secondary/ Higher School Certificate
- Fees in DD – Rs. 50 extra in case the Forms were downloaded online
- Attested Copy of completion of ITT and Orientation Program
Copies of all these forms should be attested by the CA under which the training is to be carried out.
Articleship Registration Form 103 along with the requisite documents and fees should reach ICAI within 30 days from the date of commencement of articleship. In case there is delay, student should write a handwritten application stating the reason of delay and send it along with the Form 103 . This application should be signed by both the article assistant as well as the CA.
The late fee is as below –
30 days beyond – Rs 100
31-80 days beyond – Rs 300
181 days beyond – Rs 1000
Form 112 – optional
In case a student wants to pursue any other course along with articleship, he should obtain the permission of ICAI within one 1 month of starting such a course by submitting an application in Form 112.
Must Read: CA Articleship Registration form,process,fees,last date,status
At CAKART (www.cakart.in) you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive), most popular books of best authors (ebooks, hard copies), best scanners and all exam related information and notifications. Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.