Procedure to apply for DIN
Section 153: Every individual intending to be appointed as director of a company shall make an application for
allotment of Director Identification Number to the Central Government in such form and manner and along with
such fees as may be prescribed
Step 1: Download Form- DIR-3 from MCA Portal by given link.
Step 2 : Get Scanned Following Document :
- Passport Size Photo
- Proof of Identity of Applicant (Self – Attested)
- In case of Indian nationals, Income-tax PAN is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity
- In case of foreign nationals, passport is a mandatory requirement for proof of identity.
- Address proofs of Applicant (Self – Attested): Passport, Election (Voter Identity) Card, Ration Card, Driving License, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill or Aadhar Card shall be attached and should be in the name of applicant only.
- (A) In case of Indian applicant, documents should not be older than 2 months from the date of filing of the E-Form.
- (B) In case of foreign applicant, address proof should not be older than 1 year from the date of filing of the E-Form
Step 3 : Obtain DSC :
Get Class 2 Dsc Certificates from Certifying Authority licensed by Controller of Certifying Authorities
Step 4: Form Filling
1.Fill the FORM DIR – 3 attaching the step 2 scanned documents.
2. The form is to be digitally signed by the Applicant and Practising Professional ( CA/CS/CWA in whole-time
practice) or company secretary in full time employment or director of the company in which the applicant is to be
appointed as a director
Step 5 : Applicant / Professional Registration on the MCA21 Portal to obtain login id :
- Click the “New User” link on the MCA portal homepage ( Link : http://www.mca.gov.in/DCAPortalWeb/)
- Select appropriate User category and role and fill your personal and contact details.
- Enter a User ID of your choice and depending upon the user category & role selected, enter password or select your digital signature certificate. Your User ID can be a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 11 characters. The password can be 8 to 10 characters long and should contain at least one numeric character, one upper case and one lower case alphabet and should not contain any special character such as *, &, $, _ etc.
- Provide a hint question and its answer that will be used in case you forget your password or to change/ update your DSC later.
- Type the randomly displayed system generated text in the box provided, for authentication.
- Click ‘Create My Account’ button to submit the details for registration.
- Acknowledgement for successful registration will be displayed on the screen
- A confirmation email will also be sent to your email ID as provided by you.
Step 6 : Form Uploading and Fees Payment :
After obtaining the login-id, Login to the MCA21 portal and click on ‘e-Form upload’ link available under the ‘e-
Forms’ tab for uploading the e-Form DIR-3.Upon upload, pay the fees ( Rs 500/-) for e-Form DIR-3 , Only
electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed (I.e. Net banking / Credit Card) e-Form DIR-3 will be processed
only after the DIN application fee is paid.
Step 7 : DIN Generation :
In case Form DIR-3 details have not been gtified as potential duplicate, Approved DIN shall be generated and if
the details have been identified as potential duplicate, Provisional DIN shall be generated. In case, DIR-3 is a
potential duplicate, the MCA DIN cell will examine the e Form DIR-3 and same shall be disposed of within one or
POSSIBLE REASONS OF FORM REJECTIONS
- Applicant’s name and father’s name mentioned in abbreviated form. – The Name should be expanded even if
the ID proof contains the name in abbreviated form.
- 2. Mismatch in the Name and Father’s Name in DIN form with the ID (Identity) proof enclosed. – Any mismatch in Name, including spelling mistake, may lead to rejection of application. Minor spelling deviations in the father’s name may be accepted, if such deviations do not materially impact the name. Prefixes like Mr. / Ms. / Kumari / Shri etc. used in the applicant’s name.
- Residence proofs like: Bank Statements, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Utility bills etc. submitted are older than 2 months of submitting the application for verification OR such documents are in the name of some other person, for example father or spouse.
- The supporting documents are not duly attested i.e. Name, Designation, Membership/ Practicing certificate
number etc. are not clearly indicated. – If the seal/ stamp do not contain membership/ practicing certificate number, same may be recorded by hand.
- Passport / Driving License / Identity proofs etc attached are expired. – Only such documents which are currently valid should be attached.
Step 8: Post-approval changes in particulars of Form DIR-3:
If there is any change in the particulars submitted in e-form DIR-3, applicant can submit e-form DIR-6 online. For
instance in the event of change of address of a director, he/ she is required to intimate this change by submitting e-form DIR-6 along with the required attested documents.
Procedure to apply for DIN
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.
Click here to download FREE CA CS CMA books.