Management of Workplace Ethics
Guidelines for management of Workplace Ethics:
- Top management initiative:- A statement on Workplace Ethics should be incorporated in entity’s mission, vision and values statement. The management should make a conscious effort to implement Workplace Ethics.
- Setting an example from top:- Managers should create and implement standards for expected ethical behavior. Also, managers should themselves follow those standards. Their actions and conduct must show that the unethical behavior shall not be tolerated in a Workplace Ethics.
- Establish open communication and creation of trust and friendly atmosphere:- Workplace Ethics policies , their importance and reasons for formulating them should be explained to the employees. The employees must be trained so that they can identify and resolve various ethical issues as and when they arise in Workplace Ethics. An entity should create a work environment where employees can work, without any fear and hesitation, that they have an ethical dilemma, and resources should be made available to guide the employees in resolving such dilemmas. An ethical issue or ethical dilemma in Workplace Ethics means a situation, problem or opportunity where a person is required to take a decision which may be seen as right by one point of view, but may be considered as wrong consideration in the other point of view.
- Reporting unethical conduct:- Employees should be encouraged to report any ethical violation noticed by them. A suggestion or complaint box should be kept.
- Code of conduct for Workplace Ethics:- Code of conduct contains general guidelines with respect to do’s and dont’s.
- Ethics management programme:- Ethics management programme contains specific guidance relating to particular topics discussed in the code of conduct. It should be clear.
- Disciplinary action:- If an employee is caught or is accused of unethical behavior, he should be given an opportunity to explain his position.If found guilty, disciplinary actions should be taken against him.
JOIN CA KART AND GET INDIA’S BEST CA CS CMA EXAM STUDY MATERIAL FOR FREE.
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.
Click here to download FREE CA CS CMA books.