What is the ITR-3 Form?
This Income Tax Return Form is meant for individuals and HUF who are partners in a firm; but do not carry business under propreitorship.
Who can file their income tax return on ITR-3?
Income Tax Return is prepared on ITR-3 when:
- an individual or an HUF is a partner in a firm AND
- where income chargeable to income-tax under the head “Profits or gains of business or profession” does not include any income except the income by way of any interest, salary, bonus, commission or remuneration, due to, or received by him from such firm.
In case a partner in the firm does not have any income from the firm by way of interest, salary, etc. and has only exempt income by way of share in the profit of the firm, the assessee shall use this form only; not Form ITR-2.
Who cannot file their income tax return on ITR-3?
This Return Form should not be used by an individual whose total income for the AY 2015-16 includes Income from Business or Profession under any proprietorship.
What is the structure of the ITR-3 Form?
The form is divided into 2 parts and 23 schedules
- Part A – General information
- Part B – Outline of the total income and tax computation with respect to income chargeable to tax.
The 23 schedules are:
- Schedule-S: Computation of income under the head Salaries.
- Schedule-HP: Computation of income under the head Income from House Property
- Schedule-IF: Information regarding partnership firms in which assessee is a partner
- Schedule-BP: Computation of income under the head “profit and gains from business or profession” (income by way of salary, interest etc. from firms in which assessee is a partner)
- Schedule-CG: Computation of income under the head Capital gains.
- Schedule-OS: Computation of income under the head Income from other sources.
- Schedule-CYLA: Statement of income after set off of current year’s losses
- Schedule-BFLA: Statement of income after set off of unabsorbed loss brought forward from earlier years
- Schedule- CFL: Statement of losses to be carried forward to future years
- Schedule-VIA: Statement of deductions (from total income) under Chapter VIA
- Schedule 80G: Statement of donations entitled for deduction under section 80G
- Schedule SPI: Statement of income arising to spouse/ minor child/ son’s wife or any other person or association of persons to be included in the income of assessee in Schedules-HP, BP, CG and OS
- Schedule-SI: Statement of income which is chargeable to tax at special rates
- Schedule-EI: Statement of Income not included in total income (exempt incomes)
- Schedule-IT: Statement of payment of advance-tax and tax on self-assessment
- Schedule-TDS1: Statement of tax deducted at source on salary
- Schedule-TDS2: Statement of tax deducted at source on income other than salary
- Schedule TCS: Statement of tax collected at source
- Schedule-FSI: Statement of income accruing or arising outside India
- Schedule- TR: Statement of tax relief claimed under section 90 or section 90A or section 91
- Schedule- FA: Statement of your Foreign Assets
- Schedule-5A: Statement of apportionment of income between spouses governed by Portuguese Civil Code
- Schedule-AL: Statement of your Asset and Liability at the end of the year. It is mandatory if your total income exceeds Rs.25 lakhs.