What is the ITR-2A Form?
ITR-2A is a newly-introduced income tax return form meant for individuals and HUFs who have salary income and own more than one house property and do not have income from capital gains.
Who is eligible to file using the ITR-2A Form?
Assesses who are eligible to file using the ITR-2A Form are:
- This form is applicable for those who have salary income and own more than one house property and DO NOT have any capital gains.
- Those who have long-term capital gains from transactions on which Securities Transaction Tax is paid (which are exempt) from tax can still use this form.
- NRIs can file ITR-2A, if applicable, however residents who have a foreign asset or foreign income CANNOT file this form.
Those who have long-term capital gains from transactions on which Securities Transaction Tax is paid (which are exempt) from tax can still use this form.
Who cannot file on ITR-2A?
This income tax return ITR -2A CANNOT be filed by those who have:
- Income from Capital Gains
- Income from Business or Profession
- Any claim of relief/deduction under section 90, 90A or 91
- Any resident having any asset (including financial interest in any entity) located outside India or signing authority in any account located outside India
- Any resident having income from any source outside India.
How to file ITR-2A Form?
ITR-2A can be filed both on paper and online.
It is compulsory to e-file income tax return when:
- your total gross income exceeds Rs.5 lakhs
- you are seeking a refund
- you have foreign assets and income (including financial interest in an entity)
- you are seeking DTAA relief
Click here to download FREE CA CS CMA books.