Intranet- Benefit and Purpose Notes – CSEET
Intranet- Benefit and Purpose Notes – CSEET : The word ‘intra’ means within or internal. It is like the internet, except that it contains information specific to the particular organization. External people, who are not on the network cannot access the intranet.
The intranet is the most effective of all the types of electronic communication.
A company intranet helps to keep employees atleast with various happenings within the company, and it can be used to communicate within the company by posting various newsletters, articles, and company training documents.
The intranet implies that only the company employees who are set up on the server can access the company pages. It is different from the Internet which is open to everyone who has an Internet connection.
Most companies use their intranet in place of paper and emails because it gives information to everyone within the company, regardless of their location. Thus, all employees in an organisation get to know about the carried happenings.
Intranets for companies are very secure in the sense that no one outside the company can access it once the security is set in place.
The benefits of an intranet are that it allows a central communication area for the entire company.
Many people work in remote locations; therefore, it helps them in having a sense of connectedness with the company as a whole, regardless of the place someone is located in.
Intranets have been quite effective in keeping communication open to all employees, but of at the same time, it is essential that they log into the intranet several times each day. Many companies make the intranet the default start-up page from any browser within the company, which makes it easier for
|Benefits of Intranet|
|Business Operations and Management|
|Promote Common Corporate Culture|
|Supports a Distributed Computing Architecture|
employees to remember to log in for important information.
Benefits of Intranet
The intranet is a great tool that may be used in order to get messages across to the staff members. There are many creative ways in which one could use the intranet to one’s advantage within the company. One can promote the workplace issues on just about any topic on an intranet.
Below are the benefits of the intranet
– Workforce Productivity : Intranets can help users to locate and view information faster and use applications relevant to their roles and responsibilities.
– Time : Intranets allow organizations to distribute information to employees on an as-needed basis. Employees may link to relevant information at their convenience, rather than being distracted indiscriminately by electronic mail.
– Communication : Intranets can serve as a powerful tool of communication within an organization, vertically as well as horizontally. From the communication standpoint, intranets are useful to communicate strategic initiatives that have a global reach throughout the organization. By providing this information on the intranet, staff has the opportunity to keep up-to-date with the strategic focus of the organization. Some examples of communication are chat, email, and blogs.
– Web Publishing : It allows cumbersome corporate knowledge to be maintained and easily accessed throughout the company using hypermedia and Web technologies. Examples include: employee manuals, benefits documents, company policies, business standards, news feeds, and even training can be accessed using common Internet standards (Acrobat files, Flash files, CGI applications). Because each business unit can update the online copy of a document, the most recent version usually becomes available to the employees using the intranet.
– Business Operations and Management : Intranets are also being used as a platform for developing and deploying applications to support business operations and decisions across the internetworked enterprise.
– Cost-effective : Users can view information and data via web-browser rather than maintaining physical documents, such as procedure manuals, internal phone list and requisition forms. This can potentially save the business money on printing, duplicating documents, and the environment as well as document maintenance overhead. For example, people using internet services “derived significant cost savings by shifting HR processes to the intranet”.
– Enhance Collaboration : Information is easily accessible by all authorized users, which enables teamwork.
– Promote Common Corporate Culture : Every user has the ability to view the same information within the Intranet.
– Immediate Updates : When dealing with the public in any capacity, laws, specifications, and parameters can change. Intranets make it possible to provide your audience with “live” changes so they are kept upto-date, which can limit a company’s liability.
– Supports a Distributed Computing Architecture : The intranet can also be linked to a company’s management information system, for example a time keeping system.
Purpose of Intranet
The purpose of the intranet is for internal communication. Increasingly, intranets are being used to deliver tools and applications, e.g., collaboration (to facilitate working in groups and teleconferencing) or sophisticated corporate directories, sales and customer relationship management tools, project management, etc., to advance productivity.
Intranets are also being used as corporate culture-change platforms. For example, large numbers of employees discussing key issues in an intranet forum application could lead to new ideas in management, productivity, quality, and other corporate issues.
When part of an intranet is made accessible to customers and others outside the business that becomes part of an extranet. Businesses can send private messages through the public network, using special encryption/ decryption and other security safeguards to connect one part of their intranet to another.
Intranet user-experience, editorial, and technology team work together to produce in-house sites. Most commonly, intranets are managed by the communications, HR departments of large organizations, or some collaboration among these.
Web communication is here to stay and will only grow in use and importance.
Along With this blog, Read Our Other Articles Related to CSEET Test
Best Resources For May 2020 CSEET
To talk to a counselor directly give a missed call at 9980100288.