Internal Financial Control
Context for IFC?
• Major corporate and accounting scandals – Satyam, Financial Technologies (India) Limited
• Decline of public trust in accounting and reporting practices • Indian regulations modified to reflect the regulatory developments in the western world.
• SOX Act 2002, HIPAA, J – SOX and PCI-DSS are few examples of regulatory changes introduced by the western world. • Introduction of Internal Financial Controls (IFC) in the Companies Act 2013, reflect the continuation of this trend.
IFC definition as per Companies Act
Internal financial controls means Policies and procedures adopted by the company for ensuring orderly and efficient conduct of its business
– Adherence to company’s policies
– the safeguarding of its assets
– the Prevention and detection of frauds and errors
– the accuracy and completeness of the accounting records, and
– The timely preparation of reliable financial information
What is required?
• A demonstrable documented framework for internal financial controls
• Documentation of controls that actually mitigate the risk of significant misstatements
• Requisite accountability for financial reporting structure
• Fraud risks and controls at the process level to be understood and are demonstrable
• Testing of operating effectiveness of controls
Internal Audit Role in Governance
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.
Click Here to download FREE CA CS CMA Text Books.