TAX AUDIT UPDATES Plan to Complete work by 30th September
Members are advised to plan to complete their work of filing of TAR by 30 September. However, efforts are being made for extension by filling writ petitions.
a)DELHI HIGH COURT: HC did not accepted writ petition & asked to file PIL.
b) GUJARAT HIGH COURT: Petition by AGFTC -ALL GUJARAT FEDERATION OF TAX CONSULTANTS Filed writ. Date of Hearing Fixed for Monday i.e. 21st September 2015. Will court accept it or ask to file PIL?
c) PUNJAB & HARYANA HIGH COURT: Vishal Garg & Others VS Union Of India CWP- 19770 -2015 filed . Hearing for the same is fixed for Thursday i.e 17th September 2015.
d) NAGPUR & RAJASTHAN HC: MAY FOLLOW
Comments: In line with Delhi HC , other High Court may not accept writ & may ask to file PIL, which take more efforts, costly & complex process & comparatively less chance to win . So, members are requested to complete work by 30 September.
1) IT:Ponds specially designed for breeding of prawns to be treated as plant for depreciation purposes. ACIT V. VICTORY AQUA FARM LTD. (Supreme Court)
2) DT: Depreciation on enhanced cost of asset is allowed from the date when the obligation to pay customs duty arose.
CIT vs Noida Medicare Centre Ltd, Delhi High Court.
3) CL: Now a private company can accept unsecured loans even from a relative of a director of the company.
4) IDT: Finance minister Mr Arun Jaitley on Monday announced the government’s decision to impose a 20% safeguard duty on steel imports with immediate effect.
5) RBI: RBI has decided that the resident importer can raise trade credit in Rupees (INR) within the prescribed framework.
6) IEC: Modifications in Electronic IECs as well as physical IECs will now be carried out online by paying a fee of Rs.200/- wef 21.9.2015.
7) IDT: Consignment wise duty payment can be made through CENVAT credit balance: Jayaswal Neco Ltd. V/s CCE: Supreme Court.
8) IDT: Service tax cannot be levied on indivisible works contracts prior to 1st June, 2007: CCE, Kerala Vs Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Supreme Court.
IMPORTANT UPDATE ON TAX AUDIT
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counselors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.
Click Here to download FREE CA CS CMA Text Books