ICAI Membership Procedure,Application Form,Fees
ICAI Membership procedure : First and foremost, I would like to congratulate each and every member who have qualified the May / June 2014 Examination. This must have been one of the defining moments of your life, which has given you the desired outcome which many professionals aspire for. There must be too many thoughts running in one’s mind as to what s/he should do next. Whatever the decision you will be taking, you must consult your parents / peers / colleagues / friends on what you intend to do in life.
There may be varied views from different quarters, ultimately you must decide what is that one passion that has always drove you to do the chartered accountancy course. So, this decision shall be made only by you after giving careful consideration to various views / advices sought from your well wishers (may be your critics too, to understand your strengths/ weakness and overall personality).
Now on the professional front it is also important for you to enroll as a member of ICAI at the earliest. Please understand that you will be referred as a member of ICAI only if you register yourself as a member of the Institute.
In this regard, for those who want to apply for membership, I have given below a gist of activities to be undertaken:
ICAI Membership Procedure,Application Form,Fees
| 1. Download relevant FormDownload Form 2 (for Membership only) or Form 6 (Membership cum COP) from ICAI website|
https://www.icai.org/new_post.H T M L?post_id=1564&c_id=89.
2. Filling up details in application downloaded
Fill all the relevant details as mentioned in Form 2 or Form 6 as the case may be.
3. Purchase Demand Draft
Draw Demand Draft for requisite fee favoring “The Secretary, ICAI” payable at …………(your decentralized office location).
Note: The Fee structure is mentioned in Form 2 / Form 6 itself.
4. Attest all your Educational Certificates
Get all your Educational certificates attested by a Chartered Accountant (i.e, any member of the Institute either in service or practice).
5. Marks Sheet
Statement of Marks of Final Examination both group (you can enclose the downloaded copy from “caresults.nic.in” and get it attested by a Chartered Accountant).
6. Article Completion Certificate
Article completion letter issued by ICAI (to be attested by a CA).
7. GMCS Certificate
Certificate of participation in “General Management and Communication Skills” course ( to be attested by a CA).
8. Birth Certificate
Birth Certificate for proof of birth (if not available, your Tenth Standard Marks sheet holds good – get it attested by a CA).
9. Identity card
Identity card (Download from website) duly filled and signed by you must be enclosed.
10. Covering Letter (Optional)
Write a covering letter addressing, the secretary, of your Decentralized Office mentioning the enclosures attached along with Form 2 or 6 as the case may be.
11. Sending documents by post
Send all the above documents mentioned in table to your decentralized office by speed post.
Once the above procedure is followed, you will receive intimation from the Institute, regarding the application submitted from your end, for which a temporary control number is assigned. On verification of all the relevant forms/ records/ documents, subject to satisfaction the Membership letter is issued.
The Certificate of Membership / Practice (as the case may be) is generally handed to you in person during the convocation ceremony by the President of ICAI at the designated venue, which shall be intimated to you in due course. If for some reason you are unable to attend the convocation ceremony, the Institute shall dispatch the certificate(s) to your concerned address within reasonable time.
Recommended Read : ICAI-Membership Procedure for Newly Qualified CA’s
ICAI Membership Period :
The payment of membership fee becomes due on 1st of April, every year and is payable by 30th of September of that year. A member residing abroad can keep his membership active by remitting the annual membership fee through Payment Gateway or by demand draft to the concerned DCO
Recommended Read : ICAI-Membership Period – Complete Details
ICAI Membership Eligibility Criteria :
The applicant should have:
(a) Completed the prescribed period of 3 years / 3 years and 6 months articled training or 4 Years and 6 months audit training as applicable;
(b) Passed the C.A. Final Examination Both Groups;
(c) Undergone course on General Management and Communication skills. (Applicable to candidates passing of Both Groups of Final C.A. Examination held in May 2003 and thereafter.)
(d) Should not posses any of the following disabilities:
(i) Not attained the age of 21 years.
(ii) Unsound mind and stands so adjudged by a Competent Court.
(iii) Undischarged insolvent.
(iv) Being discharged insolvent, has not obtained from the Court a certificate that his insolvency
was caused by misfortune without any misconduct on his part.
(v) Convicted by a Competent Court, of an offence involving moral turpitude committed by him
in his professional capacity unless pardoned or the Central Government has removed the
ICAI Membership Requirement
(1) Application in Form 2 signed and complete in all respect should be submitted to the Institute’s concerned Decentralised Office. The name in the Form should appear as borne in Degree Certificate/ Higher Secondary School certificate in case of Foundation student/P.E.-l student. In case the applicant has changed his signature after completion of training, he is required to submit his new signature attested by a C.A. or a Gazetted Officer. In case of change in the name, must complete the formalities by submitting the documentary evidence, such as marriage
invitation card or Gazette Notification etc,
(2) The following fees should be accompanied with the application in Form 2 : w.e.f. 1.4.2008
(I) Entrance fee Rs. 1,000/-
(ii) Associate Membership fee Rs. 600/-
(iii) Certificate of Practice fee* Rs. 1,600/-
(If the candidate intends to hold COP)
(iv) Contribution towards CABF (recommendatory) Rs. 1,000/-
* Submission of Form 6 is not mandatory.
Procedure for applying for CA Membership No. to ICAI
After clearing both groups of CA Final and also completed articleship and GMCS Trainings, a person is required to make an application in Form 2 to ICAI for allotment of the CA Membership No.
Certified True Copy of the following documents are required to be attached along with Form 2 while applying for CA Membership Number to ICAI:-
- Educational Qualifications
- Marksheets of CA Final Exams
- Articleship Training Completion Certificate
- Certification of Participation in GMCS
- Higher Secondary School Certificate as proof of date of birth (If not submitted earlier)
The name of the applicant in the application form should be the same as mentioned in the Degree Certificate/ higher Secondary School Certification. In case of change of name, the applicant must complete all formalities by submitting the documentary evidence such as marriage invitation card or Gazetted Notification etc.
In case the applicant has changed his signature, he is required to submit his new signature attested by a Chartered Accountant or a Gazetted Officer.
The following fee is required to be paid in favor of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” at the time of making an application in Form 2 for CA Membership Number:-
|S. No.||Particulars||wef 01/04/2011|
|i.||Entrance Fee||Rs. 1,200|
|ii.||Associate Membership Fee||Rs. 800|
|iii.||Certificate of Practice Fee||Rs. 2,000|
|(If the Candidate intends to hold COP)|
|iv.||Contribution towards CABF (Optional)||Rs. 2,500|
*The Candidate may or may not apply for CABF i.e. Chartered Accountant Benevolent Fund. The amount of CABF is utilised for a noble cause viz; providing financial assistance to members and their families in distress and the contribution is also exempted under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act.
DISQUALIFICATIONS FROM APPLYING FOR CA MEMBERSHIP NO.
At the time of making an application in Form 2 for allotment of CA Membership No., a person should not have any of the following disabilities:-
- Not attained the age of 21 years
- Unsound Mind and stands so adjudged by a Competent Court
- Undischarged Insolvent
- Being discharged insolvent, has obtained from the court a certificate that his insolvency was caused by misfortune without any misconduct on his part.
- Convicted by a Competent Court, of an offence involving moral turpitude committed by him in his professional capacity unless pardoned or the Central Govt has removed the disability.
OTHER RELEVANT POINTS REGARDING ALLOTMENT OF CA MEMBERSHIP NO.
- A Candidate shall be enrolled as a member of the institute from the date on which the Form 2 completed in all aspects along with the prescribed fee and compliance of other documents is fulfilled.
- The script of membership/ certificate of practice will be issued to the newly enrolled member within a period of 3 months from the date of issue of enrolment letter and sent by Post.
- ICAI – Membership Fees Payment Online 2016-2017
- ICAI – Membership Card – Complete Details
- ICAI – Membership Login – Complete Details
- ICAI – Membership Form – Complete Details
- ICAI – Membership Application Form – Complete Details
ICAI Membership – Complete details
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or offline in pen drive/DVD) most popular books of best authors (ebooks or hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications. Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.
Along with icai membership, You must read other articles for ca final Exam
CA Final exam important links for CA students
icai membership : If you are planning to prepare for CA, after CA IPCC you will need to take CA Final Exam.
icai membership : The main advantage of the study material is to provide help to the students to get knowledge and skills in the particular subject. Most of this study material are providing free of cost. Click on the links below to access.