How to do file returns online
Income Tax efiling can be done online through the Income Tax Website in 2 different ways:-
- Income Tax efiling by downloading the ITR Java utility or the ITR Excel Utility and furnishing details in the excel utility offline and then uploading it on Income Tax Website
- Income Tax efilingwithout downloading the Java Utility and furnishing all details online itself.
Procedure for Income Tax efiling using ITR Java Utility/ ITR Excel Utility
The Income Tax Department releases an updated income tax software for free every year for income tax efiling online. The Income Tax Software is released both in the form of Excel as well as Java Utility.
The Java Utility is a new type of utility and is much easier to file than the Excel Utility. Earlier, only the tax utility was released but now the Govt also releases a Java Utility which is much easier to file than the Excel Utility as it fetches a lot of details automatically and uploading the returns through the Java Utility is also much easier.
The following Article are the steps involved for Income Tax efiling by downloading the Java/ Excel Utility:-
- Logon tohttps://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and select the Income Tax Return Form for your type of Income. There are various different Income Tax Return forms for different class of assessees.
- Download theITR Java/ Excel Utility which pertains to your Income Tax Form and furnish all details in the ITR Java Utility and also cross check the same with the figures as mentioned in your Form 16/ Form 16A/ Form 16B and Form 26AS.
- After furnishing all details in theITR Utility and validating the same, you can directly upload your Income Tax Return through the Java utility by logging in your account on the income tax website through the Java Utility itself. Alternatively, you may create a xml file of the Income Tax Return and then upload this file on the income tax website. (If you’ve forgotten your income tax efiling password,
- On successful upload of your income tax return, an Acknowledgement Detailswould be displayed. An ITR-V would also be automatically generated and sent to your registered email id.
- In case while efiling income tax return you used yourDigitally Signatures to digitally sign the Income Tax Return Form, the whole process gets completed on generation of “Acknowledgement”.
- However, in case while efiling income tax return , youdidnt use Digital Signatures, on successful uploading of e-Return, the ITR-V Form would be generated and sent to your registered email id. This ITR-V Acknowledgement form should be signed by the Tax Payer and sent to the Income Tax Office.
- From the Financial Year 2014-15 onwards, the govt has also extended the option of linking the Aadhar Card with the ITR Form. Once the Aadhar Card and the ITR Form have been linked, the taxpayer wont be required to physically send the ITR Form to the Income Tax Office even if he didn’t use the Digital Signature to sign the form.
How to do file returns online
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.
Click Here to download FREE CA CS CMA Text Books