How to be a Better Boss
While no individual aims to be a bad boss, it is essential that you are self-aware about what your employees think about your leadership and how you can do better, to be a better boss. Here are a few guidelines to follow to spruce up your leadership skills:
• React Appropriately: Whether your organization has received good or bad news or an employee has achieved success or committed an error- it is important for you to react appropriately. Join in on success and do not begin a blame-game or excessively berate employees for minor errors. Mistakes will occasionally happen- how you react will determine if your employees connect with your organization and recommend it to others.
• Take Responsibility for your Actions: While you may be the boss, you are also part of the team. A good leader takes responsibility for their decisions. The easiest way to foster hostility in your work environment is by taking credit for successes while assigning blame to your employees. Remember at the end of the day, the success or failure of your company falls squarely on your shoulders.
• Be a Part of the Team, Not just the leader: As the boss, you need to be able to recognize the strengths of your employees and listen to their inputs. An effective leader is not one that makes autocratic decisions but is willing to listen to his/her team members’ insights and include them in their strategy towards success.
• Allow your employees to take initiative: For your company to grow, you will need your employees to supervise their own projects so you can build the services your business offers. It is sometimes better to take a step back and allow your employees to take the lead on ventures where they may have better skills that you. It is crucial that you are able to manage staff skills in order to be a good boss instead of taking on all the projects yourself. Learn to delegate and trust your employees.
• Encourage Efficiency over long work hours: While you may spend every waking hour thinking about your business, your employee does not and should not. Your organization is your dream, not theirs and while they are invested in its success, it does not occupy their thoughts 24/7. It is important that you reward efficiency rather than long work hours. If your employee is working as many hours as you, for your company, take a step back, examine their work load and see what they, with your help can do better. It is much pleasanter to have a workforce that has an engaging social life outside work than one that is bogged down by work pressure.
How to be a Better Boss
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.
Click Here to download FREE CA CS CMA Text Books.