Easy Calculator for Calculating Tax for the Partnership Firms
Rate of tax :-
Flat rate of 30% on the total income after deduction of interest and remuneration to partners/Designated Partners at the specified rates + Surcharge of 10% if Total Income exceeds 1 Crore and will be further increased by education cess secondary and higher education cess @ 3% on Income-tax.
Scroll down and download Easy Calculator for Calculating Tax for the Partnership Firms
Remuneration to Partners/Designated Partners :-
1. Payment of Remuneration to a non-working partner will not be allowed as a deduction
2. A ‘working partner’ is an individual who is actively engaged in conducting the affairs of the business or profession of the firm.
3. Quantum of allowance is to be determined with reference to ‘book profit’ which is defined to mean an amount computed in accordance with the provisions of sections 28 to 44 D of the Income-tax Act, as increased by the amount of remuneration to partners if deducted in determining book profit.
4. Maximum permissible deduction for payment of remuneration to working partners.
Conditions for allowance of remuneration and interest to partners :-
1. Remuneration should be to a working partner.
2. Payment of remuneration and interest should be authorised by and should be in accordance with the terms of the partnership deed and should relate to any period falling after the date of such partnership deed.
3. No deduction u/s. 40(b)(v) will be admissible unless the partnership deed either specifies the amount of remuneration payable to each individual working partner or lays down the manner of quantifying such remuneration — Circular No. 739 dt. 25-3-1996.
Conditions for assessment as a firm :-
1. The partnership should be evidenced by an instrument in writing specifying individual shares of the partners.
2. A certified copy of the instrument signed by all the partners (not being minors) shall accompany the return of the firm for the first assessment as a ‘firm’.
3. In case of any change in the constitution of the firm or shares of the partners in any previous year, the firm shall furnish a certified copy of the revised instrument of partnership signed by all the partners (not minors) along with the return of income for that A.Y.
4. If any default is made in compliance with the above provisions, the firm will be assessed as a firm without deducting interest and salary to partners from A.Y. 2004-05 onwards and as an AOP up to A.Y. 2003-04.
5. If any failure is made as mentioned in S. 144 (ex parte assessment) the firm shall be assessed as a firm from A.Y. 2004-05 without deducting interest and salary to partners and as an AOP up to A.Y. 2003-04.
Partners’ assessments :-
1. Once tax is paid by firm, no tax will be payable by the partners on share of income from the firm .
2. Amount of Interest and/or remuneration etc. received by a partner will be taxed in his hands as ‘Business or Professional Income’, excluding the amount disallowed in the hands of the firm being in excess of limits laid down in S. 40(b) and from A.Y. 2004-05 amount disallowed in the event of any failure as mentioned in S. 144 or non compliance of S. 184.
Click here and download Easy Calculator for Calculating Tax for the Partnership Firms
Download Easy Calculator for Calculating Tax for the Partnership Firms
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visitwww.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.