CS Executive Revision Tips
CS Executive Revision Tips:- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) conducts the examination for Foundation, Executive and Professional course students in June and December every year. The exam is scheduled to be held during December 20 to June 27.
Scroll down and Check two things to remember just before your CS Executive exam
CS Executive Revision Tips- Do’s:
- Plan your preparation and set dedicated time lines- some of the subjects may be interrelated, read them one after the other
- Prepare for two courses at a time, if possible, one theory and one practical
- Strictly adhere to the syllabus
- Use Scanner: Check the pattern of questions asked in the previous examination and the weightage of chapters in the syllabus. Look for a few questions which are repeatedly asked
- Make your own notes while preparing. Scribble in your books, underline important points, make small pointers
- Cover the study module and also refer good authors and bare acts
- Focus on conceptual understanding and co-relations among various topics. Don’t focus on memorising, but understanding and analysing the topic
- Cover latest (6 months prior to the examination) amendments, they are extremely important. Update yourself through the departmental websites as the books would not contain these updates
- Two revisions per subject before the examination is must, practice as much as you can
- Pick up questions from scanner (every chapter) and try solving them regularly
- Practice speed writing and emphasize a lot on good presentation of answers
- Highlight the important points, focus on good handwriting and avoid cutting or overwriting
- Give a long answer- an introduction, a body and a good conclusion
- In case related questions write facts, dispute, decision, justification and legal references
- Use legal language, cite cases and sections to the extent possible. Substantiate your point by citing references from good authors
- Read the concepts thoroughly, practice them regularly and be confident in the examination
- Pick up your best prepared question to be answered first
- Stay away from social media and other distractions, at least for a month before the examination
- Above all, keep yourself motivated, don’t let anybody’s comment get to you
Check two things to remember just before your CS Executive exam
CS Executive Revision Tips- Dont’s:
- Don’t do the selective study. Go through all the chapters and concepts thoroughly. It gives you a better choice
- Don’t keep thinking about the mistakes in the previous examination
- Don’t go for superficial study, get the basics right
- Don’t get misguided by rumours and myths. Cross check every information with institute’s website
- Don’t cut off from everything, pursue any extracurricular activity like music, dance, painting or sports during preparation to relax your mind
- Don’t disturb your routine, and sleep cycle, especially close to exam
- No need for panic in examination. Have faith in your hard work. Be confident. Try to meditate for two-three minutes before the exam starts. Look at the question paper and try to find out your best prepared question to start with
- Read difficult questions again and again, try to concentrate rather than feeling stressed
- Don’t spend too much time on any question. Time management is the key
- Don’t leave any question unattended. Answer all questions
- Eat well, sleep well and study well.
CS Executive Revision Tips
1. Study from Study Notes (Study Material and Practice Manual)of the Institute for all subjects supplemented by other books recommended by your faculty. Study Notes are must.
2. Make brief notes of the matter you feel relevant but you are likely to forget. You may also make notes by the side of text book you are referring to, in respective pages. The notes should be very brief, say at an average of 10 words per page.
3. Make a study plan of the time available and the syllabus to be covered. Based on this, make a schedule with daily/weekly breakups giving details of the topics to be completed. Make achievable and practical schedules to avoid breaking the schedules.
4. Monitor the schedule on a weekly basis and reinforce your efforts to make up the backlog, if any.
5. Ensure two revisions before you appear for the examination. In other words, a minimum of three readings should have been completed by the time you appear for the examination.
6. Study the question papers of previous examinations to be able to categories all the topics in each subject and understand broad trends of these categories.
CS Executive Revision Tips
7. Based on above and marks allotted give weightage to each category and accordingly prepare for the examination, spending more time and effort for important topics However, do not overemphasis the trends. They may go wrong.
8. In the case of theory subjects, focus on understanding the concepts thoroughly and its application. In subjects such as law, give due regard to case laws and sections.In subjects such as Economics, spend some effort on statistics and general reading of business newspapers and news magazines.
9. In the case of numerical subjects, such as accountancy, costing and mathematics, focus on understanding the methods, formulae and format of presenting the solution. Solve as many problems as you can. Prepare for these subjects from the beginning of the year/ session and on a continuous basis. The rule of two revisions (plus the first) is particularly applicable to these subjects. Refer to a number of text books for these subjects so that you can encounter a wide variety of problems and approaches to solution.
10. Practice use of your calculator effectively to maximise its efficiency in the examination Hall. Remember speed is a crucial requirement.
11. Write simulated examinations with some of your friends setting the paper and valuing them, in an examination environment with set time schedules.
12. Try joint studies with a couple of friends to be able to help one another, and instill competitive spirit.
13. Prepare for the worst in the examination to minimise probability of failing in the examination.
CA Executive Revision Tips
At CAKART www.cakart.in you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time.