CS Executive Articleship Procedure
CS Executive Articleship Procedure – This is to be informed to all concerned students that “Modified Training Structure” has been implemented w.e.f. 1st April, 2014 for the students of the Institute.
Procedure for registration of 15 months/1 Year training with the CS Institute.
- i) After choosing the concerned company/ organisation (including law firm, consultancy firms etc.) or student, has to submit appointment letter (indicating the date of commencement), copy of EDP Completion Certificate and duly filled Training Form with the Training Section of the Institute for registration of training
of the student. The Institute would send the final sponsorship letter to the company/organization with a copy to the student.
In case of training with Company Secretary in Practice (PCS):
- i) Assure whether the Company Secretary in Practice (PCS) is registered with the Institute for allowing training and is eligible to take trainee with regard to their entitlement of a maximum number of trainees. A Company Secretary in Practice is registered with the Institute on receipt of an application for registration in the designated form available on the website of the Institute.
- ii) After selection, a contract for training in prescribed format has to be executed between the PCS and the student concerned on non-judicial stamp paper (or through e-stamping /franking of requisite value as applicable in their respective state, in duplicate. Both have to keep one copy of the contract. The format of Apprenticeship contract is accessible on the website of the Institute at the link: http://www.icsi.edu/Portals/0/Guidelines_for_Apprenticeship.pdf.
iii) Within 15 days of start of training the concerned PCS or student has to submit a copy of agreement, the particulars as prescribed in Part A & B with regard to employer and trainee, copy of EDP completion certificate and duly filled Training Form with the Training Section of the Institute for registration of training of the student. The Institute would send the final sponsorship letter to the company/organisation with a copy to the student.
The modified training structure shall be applicable to:-
(i) a student registered to the Executive Programme on or after 1st April 2014; and
(ii) a student registered to the Executive Programme on or before 31st March 2014, if (s) he opts for the modified training structure in lieu of the earlier structure.
In view of the same, following is the status of applicability of various trainings to the students :
|Type of Training||Type of Training||Modified Training Structure (Applicable to students registered in CS Executive Programme on or after 01.04.14 )|
|Computer Training||Seventy Hours||Not Applicable|
|Student Induction Programme (SIP)||Seven days (to be undergone after taking registration in Executive Programme )||Not Applicable|
|Executive Development Programme (EDP)||Eight days (to be undergone after passing examinations of Executive Programme )||Not Applicable|
|Long term internship with specified entities||–||Three years on registration to Executive Programme Or Two years after passing the Executive Programme Or One Year after passing the Professional Programme|
|Professional Development Programme (PDP)||Twenty five hours||Not Applicable|
|Training with specialized agency||Fifteen days (to be undergone after passing examination of Professional Programme||Not Applicable|
|Management Skills Orientation Programme (MSOP)||Fifteen days||Applicable|
In view of the above, it is clarified that :
i) SIP is no more applicable to any CS students (whether registered in Executive Programme on or before 31.03.14 / or registered in Executive Programme on or after 01.04.14). Regional Councils / Chapters may continue conducting batches of SIP till clearance of pending waiting list of students who have already deposited the fees for SIP, purely on voluntary basis with an option to such students to take refund of the fees paid by them for SIP.
Duration of training under modified training structure
- Three years on registration to Executive Programme; or
- Two years after passing the Executive Programme; or
- One year after passing the Professional Programme
Leave allowed during training period
Maximum number of leaves to be allowed to the students undergoing training under the earlier training structure and modified training structure: –
It is further clarified that: –
i) One casual leave can be availed for each month of training undergone.
ii) Any un-used casual leaves shall be lapsed at the end of training period.
iii) Leaves applicable for study & examinations are to be granted for appearing in CS examinations only.
iv) If any student is doing some part of training at one organization and remaining part of training at another organization, then leaves shall be calculated on pro-rata basis.
v) If at any stage any student has passed examinations of all modules of Professional Programme, then from the date of declaration of result of his/her professional programme examination he /she shall be no more eligible for leave allocated for study & examinations. He /she shall only be eligible to avail the casuals leave on prorata basis for his/her remaining period of training.
vi) If any student takes leaves during training period more than his/her entitlements, his/her training period shall get extended for the number of days he/she has exceeded the limit.
vii) Sunday and holidays falling in between the continuous period of leave availed for the purpose of study & examinations shall be counted for the number of days of leaves availed. Whereas if availing casual leaves, Sunday and holidays falling in between shall not be counted.
viii) A student undergoing 15 months or 3 years or 2 years training, after passing Professional Programme examination in between the training period shall be eligible to avail casual leave @ 1 day per month only for the remaining period of training.
Recommended Read : Complete details of CS Articleship training fees, procedure, form, lest late
CS Executive Articleship Procedure
At CAKART (https://www.cakart.in) you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive), most popular books of best authors (ebooks, hard copies), best scanners and all exam related information and notifications. Visit www.cakart.inand chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.