Concept of Web, Internet and E- correspondence Notes-CSEET
Your friends will have good intentions, but those you may only know from a list may not. Hackers now have the addresses of everyone who will be receiving your e-mail. This is neither appropriate nor safe. Instead, choose to send a group or list of people the same message using BCC, which is the kindest and least obvious way to send mail short of encryption.
Also remember that all e-mail sent through normal channels can be intercepted. Therefore, only write what you want the world to see.
While a lot of people understand the importance of following certain rules when writing a business letter, they often forget these rules when composing an email message. Here’s a refresher.
– Mind Your Manners : Think of the basic rules you learned growing up, like saying please and thank you.
– Address people you don’t know as Mr., Mrs., or Dr. address someone by first name only if they imply it’s okay with them to do so.
– Watch Your Tone : Merriam-Webster defines tone as an “accent or inflection expressive of a mood or emotion.” It is very difficult to express tone in writing, but make sure that you should come across as respectful, friendly, and approachable. You should not sound curt or demanding.
– Be Concise : Get to the point of your email as quickly as possible, but don’t leave out important details that will help your recipient answer your query.
– Be Professional : This means, stay away from abbreviations and don’t use emoticons (those little smiley faces). Don’t use a suggestive email address for business communications.
– Use Correct Spelling and Proper Grammar : Use a dictionary or a spell checker whichever works better for you. While you can write in a conversational tone (contractions are okay), pay attention to basic rules of grammar.
– Wait to Fill in the “TO” Email Address: Career Planning Site visitor Larry Batchelor says, “I never fill in the ‘TO’ email address until I am completely through proofing my email and I am sure that it is exactly the way that I want it. This will keep you from accidentally sending an email prematurely. In the past, I have accidentally clicked on the send icon, when I really meant to click on the attachment icon.”
Advantages and disadvantages of Email
Email has changed the way we do business. Sure, people complain about the amount of Email they receive. But when all is said and done, use of Email has made a positive impact on business and has an edge over other methods of communication.
Here are five advantages of using Email:
(i) Managing Email is Easy : You can manage all your correspondence on screen and so can your customers. Your proposal can be answered, revised, stored, and sent to others, all without reams of paper involved.
(ii) Email is Fast : Mail is delivered instantly from your office to anywhere in the world. No other method of delivery can provide this service. Timely buying and selling decisions can be made in one heartbeat.
(iii) Email is Inexpensive : Compared to telephone calls, faxes, or over night courier service, Email is less expensive.
(iv) Email is Easy to Filter : The subject line on an Email makes it easy to prioritize messages. The reader can identify critical correspondence quickly and deal with it immediately. Unlike regular mail which needs to be opened and reviewed, or voice mail which requires you to either listen to or scan all your messages for those that require immediate attention.
(iv) Transmission is Secure and Reliable : The level of security in transmitting Email messages is very high, and the industry continues to strive to develop even tighter security levels. Email is private. Often telephone and fax messages are not. If the address information is correct, rarely does an Email go astray. Fax machines can be out of order or out of paper and this prevents an important message from being delivered in a timely manner.
Email has been credited for increased efficiency, business readiness, and a host of other advantages tied to increased productivity.
However, there are some disadvantages.
|Disadvantage of using E-mail|
|• Time Consuming|
• Impersonal Communication
• Internet Connectivity
(i) Time Consuming : Writing an email takes less time than it takes to print a letter and mail it off the ease with which an e-mail is send implies that an average person may do more correspondence electronically than he would if all correspondence was done by postal mail. Sometimes the message is better communicated over the telephone or directly. Organizing and reading through emails can also eat up a great deal of time and prove an obstacle in the way of a worker’s producitivity.
(ii) Security : Sensitive information can be easily shared and distributed within a business through email. It does not matter if the email is sent accidentally or deliberately, the damage reamins the same. Moreover, when someone hands you a business letter, you are the only person who receives that letter. An e mail can be intercepted by a hacker or go on an incorrect email address and wind up in someone else’s inbox. Your sensitive information and messages are easily accessible to hackers and to even unsuspecting recipients.
(iii) Impersonal Communication : While email can be faster, the meaning of the message is often lost in the text. It can make customers or employees forget there are people involved in the transaction, which can affect customer service. Since email recipients cannot see one another, the emails do not have any voice inflection or emotion that can help in proper interpretation.
(iv) Misunderstanding : Pronouns and popular jargon can lead to conflicts in emails. In addition, email is filled with abbreviations and short descriptions, which can often be misunderstood and/or interpreted the wrong way.
(v) Vulnerability : It would take a manual effort on the part of someone to access all his important printed documents and destroy them. But all of your emails and important information can be lost with a simple hard-drive crash. Even if you store your email information on another server, you could lose your data if that site goes down or gets out of business.
(vi) Whether an organisation depends on internet connectivity: E-mail depends on the internet connectivity which can get disturbed or disconnected due to various reasons.
– Email cannot be considered a confidential mode of communication.
– Email should not be considered as a replacement for direct, face-to-face communication.
– Email cannot be relied in case of emergency messages as the receiver may read it at his own convenient time.
– Email depends on the internet connectivity which can get disturbed or disconnected due to various reasons.
The word ‘intra’ means within or internal. It is like the internet, except that it contains information specific to the particular organization. External people, who are not on the network cannot access the intranet.
The intranet is the most effective of all the types of electronic communication.
A company intranet helps to keep employees atleast with various happenings within the company, and it can be used to communicate within the company by posting various newsletters, articles, and company training documents.
The intranet implies that only the company employees who are set up on the server can access the company pages. It is different from the Internet which is open to everyone who has an Internet connection.
Most companies use their intranet in place of paper and emails because it gives information to everyone within the company, regardless of their location. Thus, all employees in an organisation get to know about the carried happenings.
Intranets for companies are very secure in the sense that no one outside the company can access it once the security is set in place.
The benefits of an intranet are that it allows a central communication area for the entire company.
Many people work in remote locations; therefore, it helps them in having a sense of connectedness with the company as a whole, regardless of the place someone is located in.
Intranets have been quite effective in keeping communication open to all employees, but of at the same time, it is essential that they log into the intranet several times each day. Many companies make the intranet the default start-up page from any browser within the company, which makes it easier for
employees to remember to log in for important information.
Along With this blog, Read Our Other Articles Related to CSEET Test
ICSI CSEET Test – May 2020 (Application From,Eligibility, Syllabus and FAQS etc)
ICSI CSEET Registration Process-May 2020
Best Resources For May 2020 CSEET
Best Faculty CSEET Pendrive classes –
Most dedicated CSEET Telegram channel
To talk to a counselor directly give a missed call at 9980100288.