US CMA | CMA USA Exam requirements
US CMA | CMA USA Exam requirements-let talk about CMA before going into registration and registration fees : IMA’s CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification is a professional credential that can be earned in the advanced management accounting and financial management fields.Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for CMA certification, you must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Active membership in the Institute of Management Accountants
- Pay the CMA Entrance Fee
- Satisfy the Education Qualification
- Satisfy the Experience Qualification
- Complete all required examination parts
- Comply with the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice
CMA Entrance Fee
The CMA entrance fee for the certification program must be paid before taking the examinations. Candidates must complete the CMA program within three years from the date of entry into the program. If both exam parts are not successfully completed within three years of entering the certification program, any passed part will expire and the CMA entrance fee will have to be repaid.
The CMA Entrance Fee includes:
1. Access to the CMA Support Package beginning on the date of entry into the CMA program*
2. Performance feedback reports
3. Review of educational and experience credentials
4. Final score report upon completion of the exams
5. Personalized, numbered certificate upon completion of all requirements
6. Employer notification of achievement if desired
7. Maintenance of a listing of all CMAs in good standing on the IMA website for employer verification of status
*Please note, the exam support package is not sufficient to prepare for the CMA exam and should be supplemented with a formal plan of study
US CMA | CMA USA Exam requirements-Education Qualification
To become a certified CMA, candidates must satisfy one of the following education requirements and submit verification of education to ICMA
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A partial listing of accredited International and US institutions is available at: http://univ.cc/world.php.
- Degrees that are not accredited must be evaluated by an independent agency. A listing of these agencies can be found at www.aice-eval.org or http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- If you cannot locate your college or university on the accredited listing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verification: All transcripts should be mailed directly from your college or university to the address below. If you cannot submit your transcripts, please mail us a notarized copy.
- A listing of approved certifications can be found here.
- Verification: An official letter from approved certifying organization confirming you are a qualified member should be mailed directly from the certifying organization to the address below.
All education verification needs to be submitted in English. Please include your IMA member number.
Transcripts and/or letters should be mailed to:
10 Paragon Drive Suite 1
Montvale, NJ 07645
US CMA | CMA USA Exam requirements-Experience Qualification
Candidates for the CMA Certification must complete two continuous years of professional experience in management accounting and/or financial management. This requirement may be completed prior to or within seven years of passing the examination. Teaching qualifies as related professional experience when it is full-time and at least 60% of the course load taught is accounting or finance above the principles level over a two-year period. Professional experience is expected to be gained in full-time employment. However, continuous part-time positions of 20 hours per week meeting the definition of qualified experience will count toward this requirement at a rate of one year of experience for every two years of part-time employment.
Qualifying experience consists of positions requiring judgments regularly made employing the principles of management accounting and financial management. Such employment includes:
- Preparation of financial statements
- Financial planning & analysis
- Monthly, quarterly, and year end close
- Auditing (external or internal)
- Budget preparation & reporting
- Manage general ledger and balance sheets
- Company investment decision making
- Costing analysis
- Risk evaluation
Employment requiring the occasional application of management accounting principles such as in computer operations, sales and marketing, manufacturing, engineering, personnel, and general management will not satisfy this requirement. Internships and trainee, clerical, or nontechnical positions do not provide appropriate experience to fulfill this requirement.
US CMA | CMA USA Exam requirements-CMA Examination
Candidates for CMA certification must complete all required examination parts
Part 1: Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control (4 hours – 100 multiplechoice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
Part 2: Financial Decision Making (4 hours – 100 multiple-choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions)
Each exam part will consist of 100 multiple choice questions and two 30-minute essay questions. You will have 3 hours to complete the multiple choice section and one hour to complete the essays. The essays will be presented after you have completed the multiple choice section of the exam or after 3 hours, whichever comes first. Once you complete and exit the multiple choice section of the exam, you cannot go back. You must remain in the essay section to complete the exam. The essay section consists of 8-10 written response or calculation questions based on two scenarios, describing a typical business situation.
Note: You must answer at least 50% of the multiple-choice questions correctly to be eligible to take the essay section.
You will not receive immediate pass/fail results because the essay questions will be graded offline. This is a time consuming and labor intensive process. In order to assure consistency, accuracy, and fairness all papers are graded at the same time. Sample grading is performed first to ensure all alternative solutions have been accounted for. Reviewers check the grading throughout the grading process. Once grading is completed there is an additional review of papers on the borderline of passing. The scores for the multiple choice section will be added to the scores of the essay section for a total weighted score of pass/fail reflected in a scaled score for the entire part. Candidates are not required to “pass” both sections; the total score determines pass/fail status. Exam results will be emailed and posted to your online profile approximately six weeks from the end of the month in which you tested.
US CMA | CMA USA Exam requirements
For More details on US CMA | CMA USA use the following Visit cakart.in downloads section
For more details on other examination go to the following www.cakart.in