The CMA Foundation Study Plan :
The CMA Foundation study plan or time table is where students have to commit themselves to follow while starting to prepare for their exams. It guides you on the right path and helps you maintain your focus on the preparation. Study plans for the preparation for the exams differ from person to person, Thus the study plan mentioned in this article is the best and standard method for studying and suggested by the experts. In online we can get plenty of study plans suggested by others, but if you follow the study plan mentioned below you will be a success in your first attempt.
- Your study plan must include a few hours of self-study, i.e., reading the books provided by ICMAI, few hours for watching online video lectures online or attending classroom coaching, every day.
- Rather than trying to complete the syllabus of one whole paper in a very short period of time and then moving on to the other, it is advised by experts that you incorporate more than 1 subject per day, at least 2. This also ensures that you don’t get confused and lose interest.
- If you are a full-time aspirant, allocate your most productive hours for reading the books, as it would be the best time to utilize your quick-grasping ability.
- If you have other tasks to do and possess only less than half a day for your CMA exam preparation, it is advisable that you make the best use of online video lectures. Read the relevant subject books and watch the video lecture series or other online materials of the same topic on alternate days.
- Revision is the key to success. Always plan to complete your syllabus well in advance and allocate enough time for revision in your study-plan.
- Make sure that you find time to stay updated with the current affairs and read the ICMAI student e-bulletin and monthly capsules since they can be added to your answers as well.
CMA Exam time table – 2021
Here is a plan for the CMA Foundation Students for the Last 15 days
What’s the daily routine you need to follow?
|Wake up||6:00 AM||7:00 AM|
|Study Time||7:00 AM||9:00 AM|
|Breakfast||9:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|Study Time||10:00 AM||12:00 AM|
|Lunch Break||12:00 PM||1:00 PM|
|Study Time||1:00 PM||3:00 PM|
|Tea Break||3:00 PM||3:30 PM|
|Study Time||3:30 PM||5:30 PM|
|Relaxing Break||5:30 PM||6:00 PM|
|Study Time||6:00 PM||8:00 PM|
|Dinner Break||8:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|Study Time||9:00 PM||11:00 PM|
Sleep for a good 7 hours (Your mind needs it)
How to plan for the next 15 days?
15 days – 12 hours per day
15 * 12 = 180 hours
How many hours per Subject?
Subjects that are difficult need to dedicate more study time.
Prepare well and pass the CMA Exam
The CMA exams test candidates on their knowledge of the following areas of management accounting and financial management
How to pass the CMA exam 2020
A CMA review course contains self-study resources for the CMA exam preparation by focusing on the exam content. Usually, you can access all the resources in your course online.
You can purchase a complete CMA course which includes for the CMA exam syllabus 2020 that covers the full course content related to exam…
Important Tips for Practical subjects
- Do all simple calculations using a calculator.
- Select a set of revision questions and practice on a regular basis.
- Do not only focus on numerical, but theory also plays a very important role.
- Simple mistakes lead to another attempt.
- Follow an appropriate format for the presentation of answers.
Important Tips for Theory subjects
- Do Smart Revision instead of hard work.
- Need to focus on concepts clearly – its most important thing.
- You need to practice everything you revise in writing.
- While writing theory subjects, you need to adapt to professional language.
- Quote sections, if you remember. Do not worry about the name of the case law.
– Do not doubt your preparation, you are prepared more than you think.
– Time Management. Manage your time according to the situation.
– Leave negative thinking Immediately.
– Have good sleep before the exam day.
– Attempt all the questions, don’t leave any questions unanswered.
Subject-wise Plan for CMA Foundation students appearing
|Fundamentals of Economics and Management||3 Days||36 Hrs|
|Fundamentals of Accounting||4 Days||48 Hrs|
|Fundamentals of Law and Ethics||3 Days||36 Hrs|
|Fundamentals of Business Mathematics & Statistics||4 Days||48 Hrs|
|Total||15 days||180 Hrs|
CMA Exam Dates for Dec’2020 is released and starts from 10th Dec 2020 and ends on 13th Dec 2020.CMA Exams Centres are in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, etc also across India exams are conducted. You need to prepare and revise before the exams, don’t unnecessarily spend time with unwanted things. You need to dedicate your time specified as mentioned in this article,
Therefore you can achieve by scoring good marks in each paper.
Importance of ICWAI | CMA Foundation Study Plan
cma foundation study plan : A study plan is a well-defined time distribution according subjects and availability of time. It also helps a student to set clear and well defined learning goals. At the same time, you have to inculcate self-discipline and determination to complete your studies as per the schedule defined according to the study plan. You, as a Student, should block off-days and time-slots in your calendar and should dedicate yourself completely to studies. Study plan shall hold you accountable for your learning outcomes.
|Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner + FB + What’s app + Internet||6||6|
|Self Study Time (Memorising the theory and practicing questions)||6||4|
|First half (Self Study)||T||T||T||T||T||T||Off|
|Second half (Self Study)||P||P||P||P||P||P||Off|
|First half (Self Study)||T||P||T||P||T||P||Off|
|Second half (Self Study)||T||P||T||P||T||P||Off|
CMA FOUNDATION Study Plan – Schedule – Monthly Plan
cma foundation study plan :
|If completion time is 5 hours|
|First 2 months Study||Paper 1||Paper 2||Paper 1||Paper 2||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Next 2 months Study||Paper 3||Paper 4||Paper 3||Paper 4||Paper 3||Paper 4|
|Last 1-month Revision||Paper 1 and 2||Paper 3 and 4||Paper 1 and 2||Paper 3 and 4||Paper 1 and 2||Paper 3 and 4|
CMA FOUNDATION Preparation Study Plan
DAILY BASIS PLAN
CMA FOUNDATION Study Plan – Option 1: Early riser
|Time Table: 10 Hours Study Plan|
|6:00 AM||Wake Up|
|6 AM to 7 AM||Warm Up/Exercise|
|7 AM to 9 AM||Watching Video and making notes|
|9 AM to 9:30 AM||Breakfast|
|9:30 AM to 11:30 AM||Self Study|
|11:30 to 12:00 PM||Break – Whatsapp/FB|
|12:00 PM to 3:00 PM||Break – Lunch and Rest etc|
|3:00 to 5:00 PM||Watching Video and making notes|
|5:00 PM to 5:30 PM||Tea Break|
|5:30 PM to 7:30 PM||Self Study|
|7:30 PM to 8:00 PM||Relaxing|
|8:00 PM to 9:30 PM||Self Study|
|9:30 PM to 11:00 PM||Dinner and Watching TV|
|11:00 PM||Bed time|
CMA FOUNDATION Study Plan – Option 2
|4:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.||Sleep|
|12:00 p.m.to 2:00 p.m.||Take Tea, Fresh and Take lunch|
|2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.||Take class and prepare notes|
|4:00 p.m. to 5 p.m.||Tea Time and Relax|
|5 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.||Self Study|
|7:00 p.m. to 8 p.m.||Relax (Listen Music)|
|8 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.||Self Study|
|9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.||Take Dinner, watch T.V., listen music|
|11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.||Take class and prepare notes|
|1:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.||Take Tea, Facebook|
|2:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.||Self Study|
CMA FOUNDATION Study Plan – Option 3
|6 AM -8 AM||Study||NA|
|8 AM- 10 AM||Break: breakfast etc||warmup, breakfast etc|
|10AM-11 AM||Study||Morning routine|
|12 – 2 PM||Facebook,friends ,Hometask etc||Facebook,friends ,Hometask etc|
|2 PM- 3 PM||Lunch Break||Lunch|
|3 PM – 3:30 PM||Rest||Study|
|3 :30 PM – 6 PM||Study||Study|
|6 PM – 7 PM||Break,tea,home task,sports,etc||Break,tea,home task,sports,etc|
|7 PM -9 PM||Study||Study|
|9PM – 10 PM||TV,Dinner etc||TV,Dinner etc|
|10PM _11PM||Study for half an hour and go to sleep||Study|
|Total Study hours||9||9|
|Total Sleep hours||7||7|
|Break Time hrs||8||8|
cma foundation study plan :
First step in your preparation is to start understanding and learning the concepts. Start taking subjects one by one following the time-table.
Now what should be your method of studying?
- First a fast reading of the chapter should be done. Usually one page should not be given more than 5 minutes
- Second reading should be slower, understanding each topic clearly.
- Once the reading is done all questions given in the book should be attempted. First attempt all questions without using any answers and then check all questions at the end
- You should mark your questions in a special way. i.e. the questions which were correct in the first attempt should be crossed and there is no need to attempt these questions again…all other questions which were incorrect should be done on next revision and follow the same steps of crossing the correct questions at that time.
Revision is a very important part for achieving success in any exam. You remember only 20% of what you read after 24 hours, so multiple quick revisions are very necessary. See timetable for the frequency of revisions required.
Practice is the most important part of your preparation and should be given 100% focus. Once you have completed your first revision, it’s time to take mock test. mock test helps a lot in preparing you for exam day and also highlight your weak areas.
Forming a study group helps in discussing queries and getting a better understanding of the subject. If you have friends taking CMA FOUNDATION exam, then you can form a study group with them or else you join an online forum for forming a discussion Group.
You should be completely relaxed and rested for the final exam day. Now, when it comes to the exam hall most would get nervous and do certain things which might get you in trouble, like checking the answers with others, trying to copy, etc. Do not do those things, because it will cost you your future and the most important thing- Please take all the required stationary.