class 12 business studies syllabus-complete details
class 12 business studies syllabus-complete details:-Business is a dynamic process that brings together technology, natural resources and human initiative in a constantly changing global environment. To understand the framework in which a business operates, a detailed study of the organisation and management of business processes and its interaction with the environment is required.
Visit cakart.in downloads section class 12 business studies syllabus
Business Studies at the CBSE Class 12 level develops a good understanding of the principles and practices bearing in business (trade and industry) as well as their relationship with the society.
Information Technology is becoming a part of business operations in more and more organisations.
The course in Business Studies at CBSE Class 12 level will prepare students to analyse, manage, evaluate and respond to changes which affect business. It provides a way of looking at and interacting with the business environment. It recognizes the fact that business influences and is influenced by social, political, legal and economic forces. It allows students to appreciate that business is an integral component of society and develops an understanding of many social and ethical issues.
class 12 business studies syllabus-complete details
class 12 business studies syllabus :-Course Structure
|Part A||Principles and Functions of Management|
|1||Nature and Significance of Management||16|
|2||Principles of Management|
|Part B||Business Finance and Marketing|
|Part C||Project Work||20|
You can also check Viva questions for business studies class 12 from this article.
class 12 business studies syllabus :-Part A: Principles and Functions of Management
Unit I: Nature and Significance of Management
- Management – concept, objectives and importance
- Management as Science, Art and Profession
- Levels of management
- Management functions – planning, organising, staffing, directing and controlling
- Coordination – concept, characteristics and importance
Unit 2: Principles of Management
- Principles of Management – concept, nature and significance
- Fayol’s principles of management
- Taylor’s Scientific Management – principles and techniques
Unit 3: Management and Business Environment
- Business Environment – concept and importance
- Dimensions of Business Environment – Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
- Impact of Government policy changes on business with special reference to liberalization, privatization and globalisation in India.
Unit 4: Planning
- Concept, importance and limitations
- Planning process
- Single use and Standing Plans – Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget and Programme.
Unit 5: Organising
- Concept and importance.
- Organizing Process.
- Structure of organization – functional and divisional.
- Formal and informal organization.
- Delegation: concept, elements and importance.
- Decentralization: concept and importance.
Unit 6: Staffing
- Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management
- Staffing process: Recruitment – sources; Selection – process
- Training and Development – Concept and importance. Methods of training- on the job and off the job- Induction training, vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training.
Unit 7: Directing
- Concept and importance
- Elements of Directing: – Supervision – concept, functions of a supervisor.; – Motivation – Concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs; Financial and non-financial incentives.; – Leadership – concept, styles – authoritative, democratic and laissen faire.; – Communication – concept, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective; communication, how to overcome the barriers.
Unit 8: Controlling
- Concept, nature and importance
- Relationship between planning and controlling
- Steps in the process of control
class 12 business studies syllabus :-Part B: Business Finance and Marketing
Unit 9: Financial Management
- Concept and objectives of financial management.
- Financial decisions : investment, financing and dividend and factors affecting.
- Financial planning – concept and importance.
- Capital Structure – concept and factors affecting.
- Fixed and Working Capital – concept and factors affecting their requirements.
Unit 10: Financial Markets
- Financial Markets: concept and types.
- Money market and its instruments.
- Capital market and its types (primary and secondary).
- Stock Exchange – functions and training procedure. Depository Services and D’mat Account.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – objectives and functions.
Unit 11: Marketing Management
- Marketing – concept and functions.
- Marketing management philosophies.
- Marketing Mix – concept
- Product – concept, branding, labeling and packaging. Price – factors determining price.
- Physical distribution- concept, channels of distribution: types, choice of channels.
- Promotion -concept and elements; advertising- concept, role, objections against advertising, personal selling – concept and qualities of a good salesman, sales promotion – concept and techniques, public relations – concept and role.
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
- Concept and importance of consumer protection.
- Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Meaning of consumer and consumer protection.
- Rights and responsibilities of consumers
- Who can file a complaint and against whom?
- Redressal machinery.
- Remedies available.
- Consumer awareness – Role of consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
Unit 13: Project Work