CISA Eligibility Criteria- 2016 Exam
CISA Eligibility Criteria- 2016 Exam:- The CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) certificate is renowned all across the globe as a standard for Business Systems and Information technology professionals to be able to audit, monitor, access and control data. Being certified identifies candidates for their professional experience, knowledge and skills and further their expertise in managing vulnerabilities, institute control and ensure compliance within the production.
The CISA certification has been globally recognized since 1978. Today, there are more than 106,000 certified professionals and each year the retention is over 90%. In 2014, CISA was awarded as the “Best Professional Certification Program” by SC Magazine. It is one of the top paying certifications as per the 2013 ITSCPI (IT Skills and Certifications Pay index).
CISA certificate holders make between $83,677 and $107,342 every year according to the statistics by PayScale. It also states that Security Consultants earn between $67,860 and $106,407 while IS Auditors earn between $59,647 and $82,159 every year. These are currently the highest standards in the market.
CISA Eligibility Criteria
ISACA requires strict professional and academic criteria for candidates wishing to apply for the CISA certification.
The professional criteria require candidates to have a minimum 4000 actual hours of work experience in full time positions in information systems, security experience and controls. However, candidates can substitute a maximum of 1 year auditing, security and control experience with one year full time experience in information systems or auditing.
For university instructors, one year of the required auditing, security and control experience might also be substituted with two years of full educator experience.
Educational Experience Waivers
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountant) Member recognition
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) full certification
- Masters in information technology or information security from a recognized university
Best Recommended Read:- CISA Exam | CISA Registration, Exam Fee, Exam Dates
CISA Eligibility Criteria
The examination is open to all individuals who have an interest in information systems audit, control and security. All are encouraged to work toward and take the examination. Successful examination candidates will be sent all information required to apply for certification with their notification of a passing score.
Once a CISA candidate has passed the CISA certification exam and has met the work experience requirements, the final step is to complete and submit a CISA Application for Certification. A minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience (as described in the CISA job practice areas) is required for certification. Substitutions and waivers of such experience, to a maximum of 3 years, may be obtained as follows:
- A maximum of 1 year of information systems experience OR 1 year of non-IS auditing experience can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- 60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours (the equivalent of an 2-year or 4-year degree) not limited by the 10-year preceding restriction, can be substituted for 1 or 2 years, respectively, of experience.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university that enforces the ISACA-sponsored Model Curricula can be substituted for 1 year of experience. This option cannot be used if 3 years of experience substitution and educational waiver have already been claimed.
- A master’s degree in information security or information technology from an accredited university can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
Best Recommended CISA Video lecturescisa certification cisa-eligibility-criteria
CISA Eligibility Criteria- Order Top faculty CISA video classes and books from CAKART.in for your exam preparation
CAKART provides India’s top CISA faculty video classes – online Classes – at very cost effective rates. Get CISA Video classes from CAKART.in to do a great preparation for your exam.