CIMA Exam subjects and Papers – 2016
CIMA Exam Subjects – The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification is one of the most globally-recognised and sought-after business accreditations. It combines accounting, finance and management with the leading-edge skills and techniques that drive successful modern businesses.
CIMA Exam Subjects
The syllabus is also divided into three levels of achievement. You will progress from the Operational level, to the Management level and finally, to Strategic level.The Levels encourage a linear development of knowledge. This ensures you learn the relevant skills needed by today’s businesses. In order to complete each level you will need to sit the relevant Integrated Case Study (ICS). These are available four times a year and focus on the skills employers look for.
Professional Qualification 2015
While the overriding syllabus content is very similar to the old 2010 CIMA syllabus, the assessment approach has changed significantly. The T4 case study exam has been removed from the new CIMA syllabus and instead each professional level (Operational, Management, Strategic) will have their own integrated Case Study. The individual written exams (E1, P1, F1 etc) have been replaced by computerised on-
Best Recommended Video lectures for Certificate level subjects
This is first level of the Professional Qualification and consists of three computer based assessments and one case study. This level contains 3 subjects.
- Organisational Management (E1)
- Management Accounting (P1)
- Financial Reporting and Taxation (F1)
Best Recommended Video lectures for Operational level subjects
This is the second level of the Professional Qualification and consists of three computer based assessments and one case study. This level contains 3 subjects.
- Project and relationship Management (E2)
- Advanced management Accounting (P2)
- Advanced Financial Reporting (F2)
Best Recommended video lectures for Management level subjects
This is the third level of the Professional Qualification and consists of three computer based assessments and one case study. This level contains 3 subjects.
- Strategic management
- Risk management
- Financial Strategy
Best Recommended video lectures for Strategic level subjects
The Case Study exams involve a range of tasks based around parts of the syllabus from all three papers at that level. Key features of these case study exams include:
- The exam questions will be based on pre-
- New unseen material will be provided during the assessment and will involve a series of practical tasks to simulate the workplace e.g. responding to an email from the finance director or analysing the response to a change by a competitor
- There are no calculations in the Case Study exams, but you will be required to analyse and comment on financial information
- You must complete all 3 papers at a level before you can take the case study, and will not be allowed to sit any of the next level exams until you have completed the Case Study at the lower level. For example the Operational Case Study must be completed before exams P2, E2 and F2 can be attempted
- You can sit the exam during 4 set periods each year (February, May, August and November)
- The Case Study is a computer based assessment at a Pearson Vue Study Centre
- The pass mark is 60%