CFA Exam| CFA Level 1 Registration, Exam Fee Details, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria
CFA Exam|CFA Level 1 Registration, Exam Fee Details, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria :- Check the complete details of CFA Level 1 Registration, Exam Fee Details, Exam Dates, Eligibility Criteria for December 2016 Attempt.
CFA Level 1 Registration and Enrollment
CFA Institute provides prospective CFA candidates with a couple registration options.
1) Online Registration: This is the quickest and easiest method to register as CFA Institute receives your registration immediately. All you need to do is create an online user account and once that is complete, register for the exam. Online registration is also cheaper as you avoid the costs associated with sending your information through the mail.
2) Registration Form: This form is sent to CFA Institute by prospective CFA candidates through the mail. CFA Institute recommends these registration forms to be sent via courier to ensure the package can be tracked if not received.
To enroll in the CFA Program and register for your first Level I exam, you must have:
- An international travel passport (read the ID policy) and
- One of the following:
- Undergraduate education: A bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program (when you register for the Level II exam, you will be required to update your education information), or
- Work experience: Four years of professional work experience (does not have to be investment related), or
- A combination of professional work experience and education that totals at least four years (part-time positions do not qualify, and the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment).
Recommended Read:- CFA Level 1 Enrollment & Registeration
CFA Level 1 Registration-CFA Level 1 Exam Fees
All registration deadlines end at 11:59 pm ET.
December 2016 Exam (Level I only)
|Early registration fee||Deadline passed||(ended 16 March)|
|Standard registration fee||US$ 860||(ends 17 August)|
|Late registration fee||US$ 1,280||(ends 14 September)|
Recommended Read:- CFA Level 1 Exam Fees
CFA Level 1 Registration-CFA Level 1 Exam Eligibility Criteria
Minimum Eligibility: The candidate should be a graduate or in Final year of graduation to pursue Level 1 CFA Exam.
You are eligible if you are in the final year of your bachelor’s program or already have a bachelor’s degree, or have professional working experience that totals up to 4 years. Below is the CFA eligibility criteria course in India.
- Current MBA students/MBA aspirants
- B Com / M Com students
- CA aspirants
- IT professionals
Recommended Read:- CFA Level 1 Eligibility Criteria
CFA Level 1 Registration- CFA Level 1 Exam Details
Structure: The Level I exam consists of 240 multiple choice questions, split among two 3-hour sessions. Candidates must attend both sessions.
- Morning session (3 hours): 120 multiple choice questions, covering all topics
- Afternoon session (3 hours): 120 multiple choice questions, covering all topics
Timing: On average you should allow approximately 90 seconds for each multiple choice question. You may need more or less time, depending on the question and how well you understand the topic.
Recommended Read:- CFA Level 1 Exam details
CFA Level 1 Registration-CFA Level 1 Exam Date
CFA Level 1 Exam Date-December 2016 Exam Calendar (Level I only)
|January 2016||December 2016 exam registration opens|
|Upon registration||Topic tests available|
|16 March||Early registration fee deadline|
|15 August||Mock exams available|
|17 August||Standard registration fee deadline|
|2 September||Awareness Scholarships application deadline|
|14 September||Final (late) registration fee deadline|
|19 September||Final deadline for disability and religious alternate date testing accommodation requests to be received|
|17 October||Test center change request deadline|
|November||Exam admission available|
|3 December||Exam day|
|December 2016–January 2017||Exams graded|
|Late January 2017||Exam results available|
Recommende Read:- CFA Level 1 Exam Date
CFA Level 1 Registration- CFA Level 1 Admission Ticket
- Access your Ticket
You will be notified when admission tickets are available. Before viewing your ticket, you will be prompted to read and agree to the conditions, requirements, policies, and procedures for the CFA exam. We strongly encourage you to carefully read and understand all the testing policies.
- Print Your Ticket
Print your ticket on clean, unused paper. Note: You must not write on the front or back of your exam admission ticket at any time.
- Review Your Ticket
Different browser settings can cause some ticket information to be missing on your printed version. Make sure your printed ticket displays the following information correctly:
- Your CFA Institute ID number
- The last four characters of your passport number
- Your name as it appears in your CFA Institute account
- Your passport expiration date
- The name, date, and location of the test center where you are assigned to take the exam
- Confirm or Update Your Name or Passport Information
The information on your ticket reflects what is in our records. If this information does not exactly match what appears on your valid, unexpired, international travel passport, you will not be permitted to sit for the exam and you will forfeit your registration fee.
- Login to confirm or update the passport information on file.
- To update your name as it appears in your account, submit the Identification Information Change Request (PDF). (Review the identification policy for more information.)
Remember: You must reprint your admission ticket after you update your information.
- Notify us if there are any errors on your ticket.
- Check Your Test Center Address Testing facilities may change from year to year; visit your test center before exam day to get familiar with the location. Candidates arriving more than 30 minutes past the exam start time will not be admitted. No one is permitted to leave the session early.
Recommended Read:- CFA Level 1 Exam Admit Card
CFA Level 1 Registration- CFA Level 1 Exam Schedule
CFA Level 1 Exam Schedule- June 2017(I, II & III)
|27 July 2016||Registration for the June 2017 exam opens after 9 a.m. ET|
|Upon registration||Topic tests available|
|21 September 2016||Early registration fee deadline|
|January 2017||Mock exams available|
|3 February 2017||Awareness Scholarship application deadline|
|15 February 2017||Standard registration fee deadline|
|15 March 2017||Final (late) registration fee deadline|
|20 March 2017||Final deadline for disability and religious alternate date requests to be received|
|18 April 2017||Test center change request deadline|
|May 2017||Exam admission tickets available|
|3 June 2017||Exam day|
|June–July 2017||Exams graded|
|July 2017||Level I and II exam results available|
|August 2017||Level III exam results available|
Recommended Read:- CFA Level 1 Exam Schedule
CFA Level 1 Registration- Order Top faculty CFA Level 1 video classes and books from CAKART.in for your exam preparation
CAKART provides India’s top CFA Level 1 faculty video classes – online & in Pen Drive/ DVD – at very cost effective rates. Get CFA Level 1 Video classes and books from CAKART.in to do a great preparation for your exam.