CA Exam Inspection / Certified copies of Answer books for CA Final,CA IPCC,CA CPT
Certified copies of Answer books for CA: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) had announced the modified Scheme for providing inspection/ certified copies of evaluated answer books to CA Foundation|CPT,CA Intermediate|IPCC, CA Final course examinees.
In case a candidate who has written CA exams and would like to inspect his/her Answer Sheet or want certified copies of evaluated answer sheets, the option has been introduced for the benefit of the students pursuing Chartered Accountancy course.
Table of Contents
Download Application for Certified copies of Answer books for CA by ICAI by clicking on the image below:
How to apply Certified copies of Answer books for CA Final,CA IPCC,CA CPT
Certified copies of Answer books for CA: You may apply either through physical application or online at official website for inspection certified copies of answer books of CA examinations. If the examinee had appeared in Hindi medium, his/her application should be in Hindi otherwise in English.
Note that physical applications, should be in the handwriting of the candidate himself/herself. Therefore, typewritten applications will not be entertained. The application should be duly signed by the examinee.
If you want to apply online, please upload a signed and scanned copy of the application form at the following website.
Download Application for Certified copies of Answer books by clicking on the above image.
If you want to apply online visit: Online Inspection / Certified copies of Answer books
For more details on Revaluation Visit following links:
Address for Application Certified copies of Answer books for CA exam to be sent
Certified copies of Answer books for CA: The hand written application accompanied by the applicable fee (Demand Draft) and a copy of the admit card should be sent at the following address:
The Additional Secretary (Examination)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
New Delhi 110 002
If your application received by ICAI after 30 days from the date of declaration of CA result, then the same will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Application Fees Certified copies of Answer books for CA exam
Certified copies of Answer books for CA:Applicable fees for both mode of application is same i.e. 500/- per paper for Final, Intermediate(IPC)/ CPT .
If you are applying through physical application, the fees shall be paid by way of a demand draft drawn in favour of
“The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” payable at New Delhi and send along with the application for inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books.
It is strongly recommended that you should write your name and roll number on the reverse of the demand draft.
Last date for Application Certified copies of Answer books for CA exam
Certified copies of Answer books for CA: An examinee may seek inspection/certified copies of answer books within 30 days from the date of declaration of CA CPT Results/ CA IPCC Results/ CA Final Results, with the applicable fee.
CA Final – Verification : From 18-01-2018 to 16-02-2018
CA Final – Certified Copies/Inspection : From 18-01-2018 to 15-02-2018
Frequently Asked Questions on, supply of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books for CA CPT,CA IPCC, CA Final exam
1. I want to apply for certified copies/inspection of my evaluated answer books. How do I proceed?
You can apply in the prescribed format and send the same along with the demand draft for the amount of fees applicable, ( i.e. Rs 500/- per paper) at the following address, by speed post or registered post:
The Deputy Secretary (Exams)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
New Delhi 110 002.
Your application should reach within 30 days from the date of declaration of result of the relevant exam.
Please superscribe the envelope with the name of the exam, i.e Final or Intermediate(IPC)E as the case may be.
2. Can I submit my application for certified copies online?
Yes. You can submit your application on-line at http://icaiexam.icai.org and also pay the applicable fees online by debit/credit card, master/visa/maestro. There is no difference in the amount of fees payable, between the two channels. However, ICAI encourage you to submit your applications online, since, it expedites the process.
3. When do I get the copies of the answer books, once I submit an application?
ICAI endeavour to provide you the certified copies of your answer books within 30 days from the date of receipt of your application at ICAI, complete in all respects.
4. Why should I use the portal?
Submission of application for certified copies/inspection and making payment of fees on-line is more convenient. You also save on the time and money spent on purchasing a draft, as also postage for dispatch. You are also sure that your transaction is successful.
5. I have already applied for inspection/certified copies of my evaluated answer books. Will the same application be treated as an application for verification also? Or do I have to make a separate application for verification?
Before providing certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books to the examinees, verification of answer books, within the scope of Regulation 39(4), will be carried out, by the office, suo motu, in respect of all applications for inspection and/or certified copy of evaluated answer book(s).
Verification under Regulation 39(4) covers the following aspects:
• Whether any question or part thereof has remained unvalued
• Whether there is any totaling error in any question or total marks on the cover page
• Whether there is any discrepancy between the stepwise marks, total marks for each question indicated on the cover page
However, it may be noted that re-evaluation of answers is not permissible under Regulation 39(4).
As such, you need not make a separate application for verification.
6. Is it necessary that my application for certified copies of answer books should be handwritten?
Yes. Your application seeking certified copies of answer books should be in your own handwriting and duly signed by you. In case you are a Hindi medium candidate, your application should be in Hindi. In case you are applying on-line you will be required to upload scanned copy of your signed handwritten request.
7. Is it necessary to submit the Declaration, contained in the prescribed application?
Yes. The Declaration in the prescribed format duly signed by you, should be sent along with the application. Failure to submit the same may result in correspondence and delay in getting the copies of answer books. In case you are applying on-line you will be required to upload scanned copy of the duly signed Declaration.
8. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I am not satisfied with the evaluation of my answers and the marks awarded. I want to apply for re-evaluation of my answer book. Can I do so?
No. Re-evaluation of evaluated answer books is not permitted as per CA Regulations 1988.
9. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that the marks awarded on the answer books are different from the marks on my mark sheet? Why is it so?
In terms of Regulation 39(2) of the CA Regulations 1988, the Council of the Institute may, in its discretion, revise the marks obtained by all the candidates or a section of candidates in any particular paper or papers or in the aggregate in such manner as may be considered necessary. The term “section” used in the above mentioned Regulation refers to the category of the candidates whose answer papers are valued by an examiner and such other category of candidates as may be specified by the Council. Marks awarded on the answer books are the marks given by the examiner, based on the actual performance of the candidate. Marks given on the mark sheet include marks awarded in terms of Regulation 39(2) mentioned above.
10. I applied for certified copies of my evaluated answer books and received them. I notice that some part of the answers are not evaluated by the examiner or there is a totaling error or marks awarded have not been carried forward to the cover page or such other matters that fall within the scope of verification covered under Regulation 39(4). What should I do now?
You can write to the Deputy Secretary (Exams) about the same, within 30 days from the date of the letter.
11. I applied for certified copies of my answer books and got them. However, pursuant to suo motu verification carried out by the office, upon my application for certified copies, marks awarded to me got revised. Will I get refund of the fee paid by me for getting certified copies?
No. Fees paid for obtaining certified copies is not refundable, under any circumstances.
12. How do I come to know whether copies of answer books have been dispatched to me?
You can check the status of your application for certified copies ( whether on-line or physical ) at http://icaiexam.icai.org .
You can also send an email at the following email IDs, as per the exam:
email@example.com (For post qualification courses)
You can also contact on the following telephone numbers:
Help Desk: 0120 3054 851, 852, 853, 835
CPT : 0120 3054 805, 806
Intermediate : 0120 3894 810, 832
Final : 0120 3054 808, 809
Post qualification courses : 0120 3054 836