CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical
CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical:- we will provide complete details of CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical in this article.
CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship PracticalCBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical
CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical:-Guidelines for Practical Examination
The main objective of the course in Entrepreneurship is to generate among students the initiative, creativity, self-reliance and enthusiasm so as to empower them to become entrepreneurs, both in spirit and performance. A number of skills such as observation, evaluation, communication, resource mobilization and management, risk assessment, team building etc. are also to be developed in the students. Leadership qualities, sensitivity to business ethics and adherence to a positive value system are the core disciplines that the course highlights while presenting different concepts related to entrepreneurship.
Such a course should necessarily have a strong experiential component in the form of practical work. The objectives of the practical work for students are:
- To introduce them to the world of business by developing in them the core skills and competencies required for an entrepreneur.
- To develop qualities such as leadership, confidence, initiative, facing uncertainties, commitment, creativity, people and team building, integrity and reliability.
- To acquire the skills and knowledge needed for conducting surveys, collecting, recording and interpreting data and preparing simple estimates of demand for products and services.
- To prepare a Project Report.
- To equip themselves with the knowledge and skills needed to plan and manage an enterprise through case studies, conducted and recorded by the students in different fields such as resource assessment, market dynamics, finance management, cost determination, calculation of profit and loss etc.
- To instill important values and entrepreneurial discipline.
CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical:-Format
- Project Report or Survey Report-10 Marks
- Viva-Voce on PW/SR-05 Marks
- Case Study-10 Marks
- Problem Solving-05 Marks
- Total Marks-30
- Project Report or Market Survey Report-10 Marks
- Project Report: Preparation of a Project Report for an enterprise involving products/services Students may be provided adequate guidance to choose a project based on their interests and availability of information and authentic inputs in the locality. The specimen proforma of project report given in the textbook may be used for preparing the report. However, mechanical preparation of the report by filling in the information in the proforma should be discouraged. Further, as the students will be required to appear for a Viva-voce on the basis of their projects, sufficient care should be taken by the students to prepare the report after studying the various aspects involved thoroughly. In a nutshell, the project report should lead to viable enterprise.
- Market Survey Report
- Market research is the process and technique of finding out who your potential customers are and what they want. The survey may be on products and services already available in the market or students may also conduct surveys for new products and services. The report of the survey should be organised under the following broad headings:
- Methods and tools (interviews, questionnaires etc.) to be used to collect information.
- Records of data and information.
- Analysis of data and information.
- Interpretation and conclusion.
- For example, a survey may be conducted to find out the choice of households in toiletry soap
- tooth paste etc. The data may be analysed to establish a pattern that may be useful to an entrepreneur.
- Guidelines for assessment of Project Report or Survey Report
- Presentation: Format, Clarity, Use of graphs, tables and other visuals, organisation, methodical recording of data and information and general neatness of execution. 5 marks
- Originality and Creativity-3 marks
- Authenticity of information and correctness of calculations and general feasibility of the project/sustainability of conclusion drawn in the survey. 2 marks
- Viva Voce on the Project or Market Survey Report-5 Marks
- The questions should establish that the report is the original work of the student and that the student has a reasonably clear understanding of the work carried out by him/her.
- Entrepreneurial qualities such as leadership, self-belief, creativity, originality, initiative etc. May also be assessed by asking a variety of questions related to the report.
- Case Study-10 marks
- A case study is a focused research on an organisation, enterprise, practice, behaviour or person undertaken to highlight an aspect that the study attempts to examine. For instance, a case study may be conducted on the pollution control methods being employed by an industry. Or a successful industrialist may be chosen as a subject of a case study to analyze and understand the strategies that the industrialist adopted: To achieve success.
- Ideally, a case study should be conducted on subjects with the objectives of bringing to the fore beliefs, practices, strategies, values etc. That have made them what they are. Such studies help us to understand the way in which great minds think and operate. We may also conduct case studies on failures; why a company collapsed, how a service lost its market etc. From both the types of case study, we learn lessons; how to do something or how not to do something. They also provide valuable insight into the processes involved in an enterprise.
- A few topics are suggested for carrying out case studies:
- Drawing a profile of a successful entrepreneur.
- Studying a public sector undertaking and highlighting its sucess/failure, by analyzing the factors responsible.
- Studying a small scale unit in the locality to bring out the procedures and processes adopted by the unit to become a feasible business venture.
- A study of competition in business by choosing two or more rivals in the market and analyzing their strengths and weaknesses.
- Take the school itself for a case study and analyze any two aspects of the school plant for chalking out a plan of action: Infrastructure, academics, co-curricular activities etc.
- A case study on a thriving fast food shop/restaurant in your locality. What makes it so popular?
- A case study on the ways in which a business unit has mobilised its financial resources.
- A case study on the enterprise management techniques adopted by a business house.
- A case study on the marketing strategies of a sucessful consumer durable company.
- A case study on the financial management of a Public Limited Company.
- A case study on any Specialized Institution that supports and guides the establishment of a small scale unit.
- Studying the balance sheets of two big private companies to assess their trade and credit worthiness.
- Studying the inventory management of a large manufacturing industry to ascertain the processes involved for optimizing cost.
- Carrying out a case study on an established industrial house/company to find out the value system of the company and how it fulfils its social commitment/obligations.
- Carrying out a case study on an established industry to ascertain the processes followed to reduce/prevent pollution.
- Study on enviourment friendly companies and their contribution to preservation.
- Assessment of Case Studies
- Presentation: Format, accuracy, clarity, authenticity and generalneatness-7 marks
- Analysis and Conclusions-3 marks
- Problem Solving-5 Marks
- In this session, the students will be requried to solve a problem in the form of a written test. The examiner may choose any problem related to the units in class XII Text Book and set it for the class. The problem may be in the following areas:
- How to scan the environment to establish the feasibility of a project.
- Given certain figures showing the consumption pattern of a product, drawing conclusions that have a bearing on similar products.
- Carrying out market assessment for a given product/service to ascertain the feasibility factor. Assessment of Working Capital.
- Calculation of total cost of production. Calculation of break-even point.
- Determining location of a manufacturing unit. Problems in inventory control (calculation of the Economic Order Quantity and carrying outABC analysis).
- Applying Pricing methods to determine the price of a product or service.
- Applying promotion mix to plan a sales campaign for a product or service.
- Working out a simple budget for a given task or job.
- Assessment of Answers The examiner may prepare five problems which are solved by him/her before they are presented to the students. The student may choose anyone of the problems and solve it, showing the different steps/different reasons involved in the solution. If the problem does not involve actual calculations, it may not have anyone correct answer. So weightage should be given not only to the final answer but to the entire process of problem solving that the student has followed. Originality and innovative spirit should be rewarded. The students should not be penalized for spelling errors, grammatical mistakes etc. As long as the answer is coherent. Where definite formulas are involved, accuracy should be given due weightage.
CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical
Recommended post :-CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical
- Class 11 commerce syllabus – complete details
- Class 11 commerce subject wise passing marks
- class 11 commerce accountancy study material
- class 11 commerce accountancy notes-complete details
- class 11 commerce bussiness studies study material
- class 11 commerce study material -complete details
- class 11 commerce business studies notes
- class 11 commerce economics notes – complete details
- class 11 commerce notes – complete details
- class 11 commerce subject wise study tips
CBSE class 11 commerce entrepreneurship Practical
CAKART provides India’s top class XI commerce faculty video classes – online Classes – at very cost effective rates. Get class XI commerce Video classes from CAKART.in to do a great preparation for your exam.