CBSE class 11 commerce Economics revision tips:
CBSE Class 11 Economics Revision Tips provided here gets handy while the students are shuffling with last minute preparations for exams. Preparing for exams as we move on to the higher classes turns out to be a difficult task due to the voluminous syllabus and the technicalities of the subjects. Hence to make the task easier, we are providing the CBSE class 11 commerce Economics revision tips.
To be able to study well, it is important for the students to know the syllabus well. The syllabus as provided by the CBSE board can be accessed here. Read on for useful CBSE class 11 commerce Economics revision tips.
|PART A: Statistics and Economics||100||–||40|
|2. Collection, organisation and presentation of data||27|
|3. Statistical tools and interpretation||66||27|
|Part B: Indian Economic Development||100||–||40|
|4. Development experience and Reforms||28||18|
|5. Current challenges facing Indian Economy||60||22|
|6. Development experience of India – A comparison with neighbouring countries||12||10|
|Part C – Project work||20||20||20|
CBSE class 11 commerce Economics revision tips:
The CBSE exams are done in two parts – Theory and Projects. The theory exams will be conducted for 80 marks and the Project work will be for a total of 20. Both together, accounting for a 100 marks.
WHAT BOOKS TO STUDY?
- NCERT books may be treated as bible as the exams are conducted according to the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE. CBSE board exams are entirely based on the prescribed syllabus.
- Various reference books are also available in the market which can be referred for more information.
HOW TO GAIN EASY MARKS FROM DEFINITIONS AND MEANINGS?
- Understand the definitions and their meanings properly with the logic and reasoning behind the concept.
- Memorize the definitions after understanding them so that you can write them in the exam properly and obtain full marks assigned for it.
HOW TO ANSWER THE ‘DISTINGUISH BETWEEN/DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN’ QUESTIONS?
- There are lot of Distinguish Between questions which are to be written in tabular form. Draw a tabular column to keep your points clear and presentable.
- Write valid differences and write the examples wherever applicable.
GRAPHS, TABLES AND FORMULAS HOLD VERY IMPORTANT POSITION!
- In Economics Theories are supported by Tabular and Graphical representation along with the formulas which help us to understand the concepts of economics in an easy manner.
- Students should practice drawing graphs regularly so that they draw correct shapes of various curves all the time. Use pencil for this purpose and not pen.
- Tables are very important and include calculations as well as application of formulas. You should practice them along with graphs.
- Students should NOT mug up those formulas and should understand how that formula is derived and what purpose it is made for. Once you understand the formulas prepare a chapter wise formula sheet and revise them regularly.
- Special focus has to be given while practicing tables and graphs.
WHAT ABOUT THE NUMERICALS?
- Numericals in Economics are very important for both Micro as well as Macro economics.
- Lot of numerical questions are asked in the exam. Thus it is important to work out such questions regularly.
HOW TO PREPARE NOTES?
- You should make your own chapter wise notes.
- Concepts which you find difficult to understand mark them and get some help for it.
- If you get stuck while solving questions at some typical point you should note those typical points for later revision. It will help you later on in the exam.
WHEN YOU ARE REVISING…..
- Bring together all your notes, practice registers and formula sheets and start revising as proper Revision is the key for success in any exam.
- Allocate the time available between all the chapters and start solving those questions which you found difficult to solve while practicing.
- Also revise those concepts which you found hard to understand and marked earlier.
PRACTICE FROM PAST YEARS’ PAPERS
- Solving past years’ examination papers is the key of success to every topper provided that is done keeping the time in mind.
- Get a past years’ paper, set your clock and solve that paper within 3 hours.
- This practice will help you to manage your time effectively during the examination and thus you will finish your exam in the allotted time.
- This practice gives you the idea about the pattern of questions, typology and methodology of how examiners set the question papers.
To know more about class 11 Commerce project, you can go through the following link. accountancy project file of class 11
SOLVING SAMPLE PAPERS IS A GREAT IDEA
- Solving sample papers give a great chance to evaluate your level of understanding of the subject.
- There are lot of sample papers available in the market from different publishers.
So, the whole CBSE class 11 commerce Economics revision tips, boils down to Regular practice, being prepared well before hand and not opting for the war foot preparations. Preparing well before the exams will give the students time to revise all the concepts thoroughly, to work out previous years’ question papers and to be confident while stepping into the examination hall.