CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria for May/Nov 2021 Exam
CA Foundation eligibility criteria:
A student who has appeared in the Class 12 examination conducted by any examination recognized by the Central Government may register for Foundation Course.
A registered student can appear for Foundation Examination after he/ she has qualified the Senior Secondary Examination conducted by any examination recognized by the Central Government and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time.
In case you are looking Eligibility Criteria for CA CPT check the link at the end of this article.
Eligibility for CA Foundation Course
CA Foundation is the newly introduced CA entry-level examination formulated under the revised scheme of CA education and training. CA CPT June 2019 will be the last attempt of the CA examination. CA Foundation will completely replace the old scheme CPT examination after June 2019 session. Until June 2019, both CA Foundation and CPT exams will be conducted by ICAI. CA Foundation is going to be held twice every year- once in May and once in November.
CA Foundation Course eligibility
The following points are the general eligibility criteria to appear for the CA Foundation exam.
- You must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- You must be registered for the Common Proficiency Test with the Board of Studies of the Indian Chartered Accountancy of India (ICAI).
- Even if you have already registered for the Professional Course, you are eligible for appearing in this test.
- There is no age limit for the Foundation exam.
CA Foundation Exam Application Fee:
For offline candidates: Rs. 1000 (exam + application form)
For online candidates: Rs. 500 (only exam fee)
The CA Foundation is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) to pursue different levels of Chartered Accountancy courses in its institute. Any person who wants to become a member of ICAI and designate himself as a Chartered Accountant in India has to pass this course.
Exemption from Appearing in CA Foundation
Candidates who are graduate or postgraduate in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) with certain subjects OR Graduates or Post Graduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) are exempted from passing Foundation.
CA CPT Eligibility Criteria:
Check this link to know about CA CPT Eligibility
Along with CA Foundation Eligibility Criteria, You must read registration articles for CA Foundation Exam
CA Foundation Exam Best Resources
- Best Faculty CA Foundation Pendrive classes – Used by Toppers, prepared by Gold medalist faculty
- Most dedicated CA Foundation Telegram channel – one of the largest channels
- No 1 CA Foundation Android app – Most downloaded CA Foundation App
- Popular CA Foundation YouTube Channel – Must subscribe for regular updates