CA Final Exam Paper Pattern new syllabus – Paper 6A-6F
CA Final exam paper pattern: The elective paper of CA Final, Paper 6A-6F has been going through some changes in recent times.
First, it was announced that paper will have MCQ questions.
And then, it was announced that the MCQ answers will have to be marked using OMR Sheets.
Well begun ICAI. Compliments from CAKART.in for your efforts in taking steps to make exams error-free.
Effectively the CA final exam paper pattern for paper 6 has evolved well.
Let’s go through the information in detail.
In Paper 6 (Elective paper held on open book methodology) of Final (New Syllabus) examination, question paper comprises MCQs and questions which require descriptive answers.
Up to May 2019 examinations, candidates had to answer the MCQs and the other questions which required descriptive answers, in this paper, in the descriptive answer book.
However, from November 2019 examination, candidates will be required to answer the MCQs of Paper 6 of Final (New) exam, on OMR answer sheets.
Candidates will be required to darken the circle of their choice, against the respective question number in the OMR answer sheet. Questions other than MCQs, shall continue to be answered in the traditional descriptive answer books, as before.
Candidates who are to appear in the paper 6 are advised as follows:
- Go to the exam centre, on the day of the exam, equipped with HB pencil and eraser (in addition to pens), for the purpose of darkening the circles in the OMR answer sheets.
- Go through the instructions to the candidates, with specific reference to answering the MCQs on the OMR answer sheet, enclosed along with the admit cards.
- Answers to MCQs in the said paper are to be written only on the OMR answer sheet.
- Answers to MCQs written on the descriptive answer book will not be taken cognizance of and will not be evaluated.
- Submit both the OMR answer sheet and the descriptive answer book to the invigilators in their exam halls, without fail, before leaving the exam hall.
- For this paper, candidates are allowed to take away the question paper, including MCQs along with them on the conclusion of the exam.
- Introduction of OMR answer sheets in respect of the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Paper 6 of Final (New) Examination (Elective Paper), w.e.f November 2019 Examination.
CA Final Exam Paper pattern – subject & objective for 6A- 6F
CA Final exam paper pattern: The assessment of elective papers 6A to 6F at the Final level is case study based. Up to May, 2019 examination, the question paper of each elective subject comprised of three case studies for 50 marks, out which a candidate had to attempt any two.
From November 2019 examination, the question paper of each elective subject [Papers 6A to 6F] would contain five case studies of 25 marks each, out of which a candidate has to attempt any four.
In each case study carrying 25 marks, MCQs would be for 10 marks and descriptive questions involving computation/analysis/interpretation would be for 15 marks.
Thus, the present ratio of 40:60 between MCQs and descriptive questions would continue.
At present, there would be no negative marking for wrong answers in MCQs and no reasoning would be required for answers to MCQs.
A few more articles you should check out –