CA CPT Exam Pattern For December 2018 Exam
CA CPT Exam Pattern : The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) will be conducting Chartered Accountants Common Proficiency Test (CA CPT) on Dec 18.
The entry level examination is conducted two times in a year i.e. in June and in December. CA CPT Dec examination 2018 will be conducted in offline mode in two sessions. Candidates appearing for CA CPT 2018 dec examination need to know about test pattern of CA CPT 2018 including subjects, type of questions, syllabus, marking scheme as mentioned on this page below.
To know about CA Foundation exam pattern read here- CA Foundation exam pattern
CA CPT 2018 will have one questions paper to be completed in two sessions. Each session will be of two hours and total duration for CA CPT is four hours. Candidates will be given breaks of two hours in between the test. Candidates need to attend both sessions to qualify CA CPT 2018. Candidates can check below modalities of CA CPT exam pattern 2018 –
CA CPT 2018 Exam Pattern
CA CPT 2018 Exam Pattern: Overview
Exam Mode – Pen paper based test
Test Medium – English or Hindi
Test Sessions – 2 Sessions
Exam Timings – First session: 10:00 am -12:00 noon, second session: 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Test Duration – 2 hours for each session
Subjects – four subjects
Type of questions – Objective Type Questions
Number of Questions – 200 questions
Total Marks – 200 marks
CA CPT Marking Scheme 2018
- Each question of CA CPT question paper carries one mark
- There is negative marking in case of wrong answers. For every incorrect attempt, one-fourth of the mark allotted to the question from the total scored marks
- The questions attempted with more than one option will be considered wrong and negative marking will be done
- No marks will be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted
CA CPT Exam Pattern For December 2018 Exam
CA CPT Exam Pattern : The syllabus given with session and also here we provide a subjects topic which provide to crush the exam. The level of exam is very tough that’s why applicants take a help from syllabus and CA CPT New Exam Pattern 2018. Candidates who want to perform well in exam they must download a syllabus on the form of PDF it is provide a help to crush examination. For more information related to applicants visit on the official website which is given below on this page
CA CPT Exam Pattern New Changes 2018
|Section A||Fundamentals of Accounting|
|Section B||Mercantile Laws|
|Section C||General Economics|
|Section D||Quantitative Aptitude|
CA CPT Exam Pattern For Dec 2018 Exam
CA CPT Exam Pattern : Download CA CPT Syllabus Section Wise 2018
Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting
- Theoretical Framework
- Accounting Process- Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures, Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors, include rectifications thereof.
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Inventories- Basis of inventory valuation and record keeping.
- Depreciation accounting- Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation methods.
- Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
- Accounting for Special Transactions- Consignments, Joint Ventures, Bills of exchange and promissory notes, Sale of goods on approval or return basis
- Partnership Accounts- Final accounts of partnership firms – Basic concepts of admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
- Introduction to Company Accounts- Issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, re-issue of forfeited shares, redemption of preference shares.
Section B: Mercantile Law
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872- An overview of Sections 1 to 75 covering the general nature of contract , consideration , other essential elements of a valid contract , performance of contract and breach of contract.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930- Formation of the contract of sale – Conditions and Warranties – Transfer of ownership and delivery of goods – Unpaid seller and his rights.
- The India Partnership Act, 1932- General Nature of Partnership – Rights and duties of partners – Registration and dissolution of a firm.
Section C: General Economics
- Introduction to Micro Economics- Definition, scope and nature of Economics, Methods of economic study, Central problems of an economy and Production possibilities curve.
- Theory of Demand and Supply- Meaning and determinants of demand, Law of demand and Elasticity of demand, Price, income and cross elasticity, Theory of consumer ’s behavior – Marshalin approach and Indifference curve approach, Meaning and determinants of supply, Law of supply and Elasticity of supply.
- Theory of Production and Cost- Meaning and Factors of production, Laws of Production – The Law of variable proportions and Laws of returns to scale, Concepts of Costs – Short-run and long-run costs, Average and marginal costs, Total, fixed and variable costs.
- Price Determination in Different Markets- Various forms of markets – Perfect Competition, Monopoly, Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly, Price determination in these markets.
Indian Economic Development
- Indian Economy – A Profile- Nature of the Indian Economy, Role of different sectors – Agriculture, Industry and Services in the development of the Indian economy, their problems and growth, National Income of India – Concepts of national income, Different methods of measuring national income, Growth of national income and per capita income in various plans, Basic understanding of tax system of India – Direct and Indirect Taxation.
- Select Aspects of Indian Economy- Population – Its size, rate of growth and its implication for growth, Poverty – Absolute and relative poverty and main programs for poverty alleviation, Unemployment – Types, causes and incidence of unemployment, Infrastructure Energy, Transportation, Communication, Health and Education, Inflation, Budget and Fiscal deficits, Balance of payments, External debts.
- Economic Reforms in India- Features of economic reforms since 1991, Liberalization, Privatization and Disinvestment, Globalization
- Money and Banking- Money – Meaning and functions, Commercial Banks – Role and functions, Reserve Bank of India – Role and functions, Monetary policy, Money – Meaning and functions
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude
- Ratio and proportion, Indices, Logarithms
- Equations- Linear – simultaneous linear equations up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
- Inequalities- Graphs of inequalities in two variables common region.
- Simple and Compound Interest including annuity, Applications
- Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations
- Sequence and Series – Arithmetic and geometric progressions
- Sets, Functions and Relations
- Limits and Continuity, Intuitive Approach
- Basic concepts of Differential and Integral Calculus (excluding trigonometric functions)
- Statistical description of data- Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency Distribution, Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, Ogive
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion- Arithmetic Mean, Median – Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation
- Correlation and Regression
- Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation
- Theoretical Distributions- Biomial, Poisson and Normal.
- Sampling Theory- Basic Principles of sampling theory, Comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in sample survey , Some important terms associated with sampling , Types of sampling , Theory of estimation , Determination of sample size .
- Index Numbers- Textual, Tabular & Diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency Distribution, Graphical representation of frequency distribution – Histogram, Frequency Polygon, O give.
Frequently asked questions on CA CPT exam patterns
Q 1. From where I can find CA CPT exam pattern for different years?
CA CPT Exam Pattern : You can visit CAKART where you can find exam patterns for CA CPT for all years(2018, 2016, 2015)
Please feel free to use the comments section below to ask any question that you may have.