Every career requires certain skills, aptitude, and personality from the incumbent. For example: an artist or a designer must have creative thinking; a sales person must have good communication skills and persuasion skills; a doctor must have high analytical skills and good communication skills.
If a person does not have the required skill set and the right personality for the career that they have chosen for themselves, then they end up leading a miserable life in an unsuccessful career and keep on slogging forever.
If you are contemplating on becoming a Chartered Account, or if you have been trying to appear for the CA exams for quite some time now but have been unable to crack these exams, then it is time that you look into your aptitude, personality and interests, and figure out whether you have the required skill set and personality to become a Chartered Accountants. If not, then it is not something to be ashamed of or depressed about. Each person is born with their own unique abilities and inherent strengths. All you have to do is figure what your unique strengths and abilities are and then choose the right career for yourself.
Chartered Accountant Skills –
- Active listening – A CA must give proper and full attention to what the client is saying, and he / she must have the patience to give time to understand their point, asking appropriate questions, without interrupting unnecessarily in between.
- Reading Comprehension – A CA must be able to easily read and understand written material and documents.
- Communication – A CA must be able to talk easily to others to effectively convey the information.
- Critical Thinking – A CA must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the pros and cons of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics – A CA must be able to easily use mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring – A CA must be able to monitor and assess one’s own performance, other team members, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management – A CA must be good in managing one’s own time as well as that of the others.
- Writing – A CA must be able to effectively communicate as and when needed.
- Social Perceptiveness – A CA must be able to analyze other people’s reactions and understand the reasons as to why they are reacting in that manner.
Chartered Accountant Abilities –
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Number Facility – The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Information Ordering – The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Speech Recognition – The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Once you have figured out the above questions, then next thing you must ask yourself is – Why become a Chartered Accountant?
- What is CA?
- What is the scope of Chartered Accountant career?
- If not Chartered Accountancy, then what?
Become A Chartered Accountants:
At CAKART (www.cakart.in) you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive) most popular books of best authors (ebooks hard copies) best scanners and all exam related information and notifications.Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.