How to answer theory questions in CA Exams
Knowing the answers in the CA exam may not be similar to knowing how to write those answers. Many experts would agree to that. The main emphasis here is how to write in a manner which gives an idea to the examiner that the student writing the paper is professional and organized. This may not fetch you marks for wrong answers, however, it does ensure that you gain extra points in the eyes of the examiner when you are correctly or partially correctly answering the exam questions. So, the presentation of the answers are presented as below –
A list of points on how to answer theory questions in CA Exams is presented as below.
1. Always start a new question or a sub question on a new page.
2. You must write the question number and sub question clearly without fail
3. Ensure that sub questions are answered at the same place one after the other before you start the next main question. If you want to come back to the sub question later, write few lines of sub question on new page and then you can leave it half way to revisit again. The left space can be used later on to complete the answer.
4. Keep enough margin on the left and right side of the page to allow for thread knots etc.
5. Other than the question and sub question number, always give a summarized heading to your answer . Mostly you can put the conclusion of your answer as the heading. This will help examiner not to refer to question paper time and again. Do not forget to underline it. Leave one line and start your answer.
6. Always try to answer a question in paragraphs if it’s a commentary. And use next paragraph if a new idea is brought in.
7. If answer cab be given point wise it is always better to write point wise, one after another
8. Try to answer in clean and clear handwriting with next line exactly below the previous one to make it beautiful. Do not try and overwrite to correct the old errors. Better to cut it off cleanly and write again.
9. Writing to the point will help. Generic writing on an off-topic writing may frustrate the examiner.
10. After reading the question paper, attempt the question which you know best and then subsequent questions.
11. Do not forget to write on the main sheet, the question you have attempted on the first page of answer sheet.
12. Use good quality ink/gel blue pen. Always keep 2-3 more similar pen with you during the exam.
At CAKART (www.cakart.in) you will get everything that you need to be successful in your CA CS CMA exam – India’s best faculty video classes (online or in pen drive), most popular books of best authors (ebooks, hard copies), best scanners and all exam related information and notifications. Visit www.cakart.in and chat with our counsellors any time. We are happy to help you make successful in your exams.