ACCA preparation: For better preparation for the exam follow the following preparation strategy:
Follow all these things:
- Syllabuses and study guides
- Past papers
- CBE specimen exams (where applicable)
- Practice tests for on-demand CBE exams
- Examiners’ reports and guidance
- Technical articles from Student Accountant
- Exam technique videos
ACCA preparation :SYLLABUS
A) The business organisation, its stakeholders and the external environment
1. The purpose and types of business organisation
2. Stakeholders in business organisations
3. Political and legal factors affecting business
4. Macroeconomic factors
5. Micro economic factors
6. Social and demographic factors
7. Technological factors
8. Environmental factors
9. Competitive factors
B) Business organisational structure, functions and governance
1. The formal and informal business organisation
2. Business organisational structure and design
3. Organisational culture in business
4. Committees in business organisations
5. Governance and social responsibility in business
C) Accounting and reporting systems, controls and compliance
1. The relationship between accounting and other business functions
2. Accounting and finance functions within business organisations
3. Principles of law and regulation governing accounting and auditing
4. The sources and purpose of internal and external financial information, provided by business
5. Financial systems, procedures and related IT applications
6. Internal controls, authorisation, security of data and compliance within business
7. Fraud and fraudulent behaviour and their prevention in business, including money laundering.
D) Leading and managing individuals and teams
1. Leadership, management and supervision
2. Recruitment and selection of employees
3. Individual and group behaviour in business organisations
4. Team formation, development and management
5. Motivating individuals and groups
6. Learning and training at work
7. Review and appraisal of individual performance.
E) Personal effectiveness and communication
1. Personal effectiveness techniques
2. Consequences of ineffectiveness at work
3. Competence frameworks and personal development
4. Sources of conflicts and techniques for conflict resolution and referral
5. Communicating in business.
F) Professional ethics in accounting and business 1. Fundamental principles of ethical behaviour
2. The role of regulatory and professional bodies in promoting ethical and professional standards in the accountancy profession
3. Corporate codes of ethics
4. Ethical conflicts and dilemmas.
ACCA preparation :EXAM SUPPORT RESOURCES
We have some great exam-specific resources (for example examiner’s reports and syllabus and study guides) to help you prepare for your exams.
A selection of some of our newer resources are explained below, and you’ll find the full range of exam support resources in the exam resource finder.
ACCA preparation: SELF STUDY GUIDES
We have produced interactive self-study guides for FAB, FMA, FFA, F1-F9 and P1-P7 which provide you with a structured, phased approach to your studies.
The guides also ensure you know which resources (from both ACCA and our Approved Content Providers) are available, as well as how and when you should use them.
Throughout the guides there are tips for success, extracts from some of the resources available and interactive, clickable checklists to help keep you on track.
The guides can be used online or printed.
ACCA preparation: PRACTICE TESTS
To support you practising questions for your exams, ACCA has created practice tests, available for all computer-based exams. Practice tests replicate the live exam, providing you with a great exam experience. They also provide you with personalised feedback on your performance, enabling you to identify your strengths and weaknesses across syllabus areas before you take your actual exam.
Practice tests can be purchased and accessed via myACCA. You can buy individual tests or a set of three.
ACCA preparation: RETAKE GUIDES
The retake guides have been designed to help you understand where you went wrong in your previous exam attempt(s) and to provide you with guidance in the way you approach your retake.
They provide tips for success, signpost ACCA resources and can be used either online or printed in PDF format.
ACCA preparation: OTHER RESOURCES AND SUPPORT
Student Accountant is ACCA’s very own magazine for students. Access articles giving you advice on exam technique, learning tips, professional skills, career advice and lots more. You can personalise your own version of Student Accountant Direct emagazine, and have it emailed straight to your inbox.
ACCA preparation: ACCA LEARNING COMMUNITY
As well as exam-specific resources, we have an online community allowing you to network with other ACCA students. The ACCA Learning Community also provides you with an opportunity to discover, connect and learn with fellow students in a social and professional environment.
ACCA preparation: ACCA FACEBOOK
Our Facebook page keeps you informed about exciting ACCA events, Q&A sessions and news that is important to you.
ACCA preparation: APPROVED CONTENT PROVIDERS
It’s really important that you use study materials from an Approved Content Provider. These materials are reviewed by ACCA’s examining team and are updated to reflect the latest syllabus content, explainable documents and exam structure.
The question and answer banks they provide are a great source of exam-style questions, and should be used as a primary resource for question practice, which is vital for exam success. We strongly recommend that you use these to support your studies.
These all are from official websites you want any help you can go thorough any of the links and get yourself ready for the Exam.