ACCA career prospects
ACCA career prospects: Founded in 1904, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is the global professional accounting body offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification (ACCA or FCCA). From June 2016, ACCA recorded that it has 188,000 members and 480,000 students in 178 countries. ACCA’s headquarters are in London with principal administrative office in Glasgow. ACCA works through a network of 100 offices and centres and more than 7,100 Approved Employers worldwide, who provide employee development.
The term ‘Chartered’ in ACCA qualification refers to the Royal Charter granted in 1974.
Chartered Certified Accountant is a legally protected term. Individuals who describe themselves as Chartered Certified Accountants must be members of ACCA and if they carry out public practice engagements, must comply with additional regulations such as holding a practising certificate, carrying liability insurance and submitting to inspections.
The Association of Authorised Public Accountants (AAPA), one of the British professional bodies for public accountants, has been a subsidiary of ACCA since 1996.
ACCA works in the public interest, assuring that its members are appropriately regulated. It promotes principles-based regulation. ACCA actively seeks to enhance the value of accounting in society through international research. It takes progressive stances on global issues to ensure accountancy as a profession continues to grow in reputation and influence.
Chartered Accountant: A Chartered Accountant is one that deals with every one of the records of the organizations, reviews and furthermore deals with tax collection. He is essentially an all-rounder. You took up the course to wind up noticeably one and when you pass every one of the papers you end up plainly one. You are allowed to rehearse it from home or join a firm or set up your own particular firm. You have been ensured and acknowledged as a standout amongst the most prestigious and regarded Chartered bookkeeper of all time. A bookkeeper is an assignment nobody can take from you now!
Financial Accountant: A money related bookkeeper’s employment is to oversee records and all the budgetary earnings and results of an organization alongside exhorting the firm on back related topics.Accountancy is on the tips of your hands and utilizing them in the monetary circle is an extraordinary chance to upgrade your vocation. When you are finished with the ACCA you can apply and take up monetary bookkeeping assigning yourself as a money related bookkeeper.
Auditor: An examiner experiences the made records and the asset reports of an organization and surveys it for any slip-up. He resembles an editorial manager of records. He too needs to go about as an agent in order to attempt and locate the littlest of slip-up. In the wake of comprehending gazillion inquiries on inspecting you are more than sufficient to wind up noticeably an examiner, independent of being an inner reviewer or an outer evaluator. The ACCA in any case prepares you and spends significant time in examining so any employment that does not expect you to review (aside from closing down records) is not for you.
Management Consultant: A man who fills in as an administration specialist goes for taking care of the administration issues or whatever other existing issue in the firm. It advices and gives his recommendation on essential issues in the firm. He goes about as a response to all issues. The firm look for its recommendation while figuring the arrangement for the organization. In the wake of using your knowledge and judgment to such an abnormal state, you are qualified to wind up noticeably a specialist. You can withdraw learning and enable individuals to choose what is beneficial for them. Administration being a vital segment of your ACCA course, you would now be able to seek after consultancy as an occupation.
Tax Consultant: A duty Consultant manages matters identified with corporate assessment and different sorts of expenses are taken to him. He organizes every one of the issues identifying with charges and endowments alongside all administration related issue. Expense is a crucial segment of the entire program and to not have some expertise in it would be a bungle by the competitors that appreciate tax assessment. You can undoubtedly turn into an assessment expert, work with MNC’s or SME’s and construct an incredible future utilizing tax collection as the base.
ACCA career prospects: Here we will discuss about the pros and cons of ACCA Certification.
ACCA career prospects: Pros:
- Job Security – the unemployment rate for CPA holders in the US is exceptionally low. There will always be a demand for the business knowledge developed by auditors and tax expertise developed by tax professionals.
- Advancement Possibilities in Private Industry – a lot of CFOs in the US started out as CPAs. Within public accounting, auditors can transition easily into internal audit and controller roles, while many successful tax practitioners can be consultants for specific tax issues, tax lawyers (if they go back & get their law degrees), or transition into corporate tax.
- Pay – If you stick around until partner at a public accounting firm, you make a very comfortable living. If you jump ship you can also do quite well for yourself. You’ll be worth more to companies if you have your designation.
ACCA career prospects: Cons:
- Lots of School – in the United States, most states now require you to have 150 credit hours just to be able to sit for the exam. That’s typically going to require 5 years of education, which means another year before you enter the workforce and start earning money.
- Yearly CE Requirements – to maintain your designation, you will have to participate in continuing education hours each year.