National Eligibility Testis the platform to select the eligible candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowship or lectureship. It is an entrance test, to get entry in teaching profession or research programs. CSIR & UGC both conducts this exam to provide the opportunity for lakhs of candidates
University Grant Commission is an organization of India Governs by Indian government. It is responsible for synchronizing, resolving and preserving of higher universities standards. It provides recognition to Universities and Colleges in India.
To make career in lectureship you need to prepare well for the exam,UGC NET Question Papers will help you to check out more about the exam pattern and difficulty level.
The National Eligibility Test (NET), also known as UGC NET or NTA-UGC-NET, is a test to determine eligibility for college and university level lecturership and for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals. It aims to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in teaching professions and research. On behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC), the National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the test for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges.
Until July 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted the UGC NET exam but from December 2018 onwards, NTA is conducting the UGC National Eligibility Test. As per the press-release by Indian Government, the exam would be conducted twice a year, and it will be conducted in an online mode instead of offline mode.
- Minimum 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC
- Minimum 50 % marks for Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)[for candidates of reserved category/ physically handicapped
category/ PWD candidates? ]
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test provided they will get required % marks in the exam.
- Candidates are advised to appear on the subject of their post-graduation only. The candidates, whose post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects in syllabus may appear in a related subject.
What are the Benefits of Qualifying UGC NET
National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is a gateway test in our country to start the career as Lecturers or Assistant Professors in various Colleges, Universities and other Educational Institutions. This NET (National Eligibility Test) is conducted twice a year i.e. in the months of June and December and the notifications are released in March and September. UGC grants Junior Research Fellowship to the NET passed out candidates who are interested in research work in various Universities and Colleges. Those who qualify are categorized in two sections. ·
Junior Research Fellowship
- Those whose rank is higher gets the NET-JRF after which one can apply in various institutions for admission to Ph.D. programs. NET is only a qualifying exam- it does not ensure one’s admission in any university. For that one has to face the interview board.
- Students who qualify as JRF are also eligible for lectureship. Moreover, JRF qualification is considered more prestigious as JRF qualified students are entitled to a monthly stipend of 25,000 p.m. for a period of two years. On Completion of two years as JRF and if the fellow is registered for PhD, the fellowship is upgraded to SRF (NET) and the stipend is increased to Rs. 28,000/- p.m for the 3rd and subsequent years.
- After Qualifying National Eligibility Test(NET) enables a person to be eligible to apply for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges located anywhere across India.
- The Candidates qualifying Assistant Professor exclusively will not be considered for the award of JRF.
Now a day’s many Corporate companies are opting NET cleared candidates for their vacancies or positions. Mainly for research investigation.After NET you will be eligible for a salary according to the sixth pay commission rule of the Government of India for teaching and lectureship.PSUs can utilize UGC-NET scores for the recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organizations in disciplines like science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
Well Written Article On your Website. Thank you for This Post. Sabseupar Join Indian Air Force Indian Air Force Salary Indian Air Force Recruitment Indian Air Force Syllabus Indian Air Force Question Paper Indian Air Force Important Questions Indian Air Force Books Indian Air Force Admit Card Indian Air Force Answer Key Indian Air Force Result News
Well Written Article On your Website. Thank you for This Post. Join Indian Army Muzafarpur Army Bharti Danapur Army Bharti Bihar Army Bharti Vizag Army Bharti Mysore Army Bharti Chennai Army Bharti Raichur Army Bharti Kangra Army Bharti Guntur Army Bharti Hamirpur Army Bharti