Common proficiency test (cpt) is the first step in the ca course conducted by the icai. the curriculum covers four fundamental subjects of the profession, which are given normally as 2 different sessions: 1. basics of accounting, 2. mercantile law, 3. general economics, and 4. quantitative aptitude. at this level, the knowledge of the students in all the 4 subjects is assessed through multiple choice questions for 200 marks in a single examination. basics of accounting and mercantile law are tested in the first session of the examination, and general economics and quantitative aptitude are tested in the second session. the entire syllabus has been put in one book consolidating all the 4 topics to ease learning by students.
|Author||B. Saravana Prasath|
|Publication Year||january, 2014 edition|
1. Theory portion of all the 4 subjects are structured chapter-wise one after the other.
2. Detailed and clear explanation for all the topics is given.
3. Diagrams and Charts are provided for easy understanding of principles.
4. Chapter Overview is provided at the beginning of each chapter for easy navigation of topics.
5. Adequate Solved Illustrations are included in Accounting and QT for better understanding of concepts.
6. Mercantile Law provisions are explained with case laws and simple examples.
7. Latest Statistics and data are updated in General Economics.
8. Fast Track Referencer provided for quick revision of the topics.
The book is written by a very experienced team that has a lot of experience bringing out the various titles under the best-selling Padhuka series of books for students.
After learning the theory the student can gain practice on solving questions using the Padhuka book on MCQs that allows the student to practice answering MCQs on all the topics covered in this book.
Compiling all the 4 subjects in a single book makes the learning comprehensive. It’s an effective way to emphasise that every subject and every topic dealt in the book is significant for the examination. This will encourage students to go through all the Subjects and topics in the Book, and induce them to do away with their idea of complete omission of a subject/ topic.
Any Question on video classes & books for your exam?Set up a call back request